• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Eaton M90 Adapter plate

NHRARanger2110

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Ok so I pick up an EATON M90 Supercharger for free this pas weekend off of a Thunderhicken with the throttle body on it and the intake tube. I recently stared looking up kits for this to pt iton my 92 explorer 4.0. They want like 1500 bucks just for the kit!!!! They are out of their damn minds for someone to pay 1500 for just an intake adapter and a new fuel rail. SOOOO I'm planning on making my own. Has anyone done this before? Help thanks
Chris

AKBroncoII

Reaction score
It has been done before. I am planning on doing the same thing. It's fairly simple in design. Don't know why you'd need a different fuel rail. As far as I know though, no one makes a kit for a 4.0 OHV anyways. Not anymore.

NHRARanger2110

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
there is a kit on ebay. It comes with the adpater a new fuel rail all the fittings and hoses for like 1595.00 Let me know if you do it soon and how you did thanks
Chris

RacinNdrummin

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Just run the SC off to the side so you can use your stock intake and then hook up an FMIC.

CopyKat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Some pictures that I have collected over the years. I've got more I just need to find them.

Attachments

Snurfer

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
RP casters kit is FAR more than an adapter plate and fuel rail. its for the SOHC anyway so it wouldnt work in your 92 X. RPS has a lot of information on this subject as well if you can get on the site. its always down for one reason or another. explorerforums also has a few guys that have put the m90 in the their explorers. just gotta do some searchin. hope that helped a little bit.

feellnfroggy

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
3.8 mustang.com and v6power.com They have everything you need to plan an adapter for the both the supercoupe and cobra supercharger swaps. the also have completed kits. Once you try to make one you will realize why they are 1500.00 bux. And the fuel rails are a requirement. If you try to run these without the added fuel and pressure you might as well just try to run on o2 alone.

98blownranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I did a adapter place and am finishing up a full kit to be sold, you can run th estock fuel rails I still do with over 300 hp.

my kit will be out in late spring

curt

travisswett

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger super
Transmission
Automatic
i would like to see some pictures of that. to see if it is close to what i am planning

jamesdem1123

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
Im putting an m90 on my 3.0. i will be using the lower manifold as a base and building an intercooler/adapter plate for the m90. i will use the supercoupe intake tube, throttle body, bypass valve, TPS, and idle air control, and the MAF housing and air intake from an 09 mustang. for the fuel system i will use a walbro 255 pump with new fuel rails and 24-30lb injectors and tune it with Sniper tuning special forces. im not trying for a bunch of power becuase i dont wont to fry the pistons so my goal is 250whp with very conservative timing and low to mid 11 a/f ratio.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals