• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Lowering My Ranger

lownloudf150

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I just bought a 2000 Ford Ranger 3.0/5spd extended cab. I am planning on lowering it 3/5. For the front I plan on using 3 drop springs from belltech. In The rear I plan on using 3 in lower leaves from belltech and 2" drop shackles. Who makes a 2" lowering shackle for my truck? Do you guys have any other ideas how to do a 3/5 static on my ranger or is my idea going to work out for lowering it properly? I also plan on running 15x7 or 15x8 in wheels. What backspacing do i have to run to make these rims fit? what is the widest tire i can fit in the wheel well without rubbing issues?

Last edited:

Insanejughead

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
RBV's on Boost
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'94, '86
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3T
Transmission
Manual
http://www.sporttruckdirect.com/rear_kits.html

Look up part# 2021 and that's what you're wanting. I ordered the set for the 97 and earlier rangers. It's THICK steel they use, so you don't have to worry about any strength issue.

Someone else will have to chime in about the wheels/tires combo. I'm no help there.

Later, and Welcome to The Ranger Station!

lownloudf150

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
thanks insane,
i appreciate the info. I guess i have to order some parts tonight. I cant wait to get this truck lowered. after i get the suspension done, i have to fix the front fender, i kind of made a boo boo.lol thanks again

ILLEGALCONCEPTS

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 Modified
Transmission
Manual
Well if I ASSuME that that your truck has the same clearence mine did, you should be good with what I ran.

I have 15x8 with a -11mm offset that gives me right about 4" of backspacing. I ran 255/60/15 up front and 275/60 out back. You may rub slightly though since I only had a 2" drop up front. The rear will rub if the truck is fully loaded or you hit a dip in the road too hard.

To be safe, see about getting 4.5" of backspacing and you'll clear the 275/60/15 in the back. Up front, drop down to a 225/60 for a sure fit.

Remember this is just based off of what I have done to my truck.

James

skyy_4life

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3 turbo
Transmission
Manual
if i was you i would do dream beams in front to keep your ride quality. little more expincive and harder to install but deffinatly worth it.

lownloudf150

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
i found djms 4/5 kit last night. which has upper and lower control arms and drop springs, with a rear flip kit. the last year of the i beam suspension was 97. in 98 ford came started using a arms and coil springs. thanks for the info. i found a set of used wheels measuring 15x8" with 3.75 Backspacing with 255/60/15 tires. the guy only wants $150. willl these wheels and rims fit without any issues?

Last edited:

skyy_4life

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3 turbo
Transmission
Manual
damnit. i didnt see 2000 ranger. i never look at year. they stopped I-beam set-up in 1998. heh i should pay more attention.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals