• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Switch opinion. Thanks

fordman49450

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Hey, I am going to be putting switches in the truck for the front off road lamps, a manual over ride for the cooling fan, one for rear lights, and maybe one for an onboard air compressor. Current wont be a problem because all the switches will be doing is triggering a relay for each device. I was wanting your opinion on which switches to use for this stuff? The first link is switches that can be ordered with whatever color and label you want
for 10.00
http://www.4x4mods.com the second link is just to the fighter plane style switch with cap at radio shack for 5.00 a piece. http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062493&cp=2032058.2032230.2032278&y=11&retainProdsInSession=1&x=15&numProdsPerPage=100&parentPage=family so my question is, should I spend the extra 5.00 per switch for the first ones?

RobbieD

2.9l Mafia
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Toonces drives a Ranger . . . . just not very well.
IMHO, it boils down to primarily what switch style you prefer, and then secondly the quality of the switch. Switching relays is the way to go, and the switches won't see a lot of load. So it's a case of how well they're made, and there you're usually stuck with trying them, and seeing if they hold up over time. If it were me, in this case I'd go for the Radio Shack ones, especially just getting them over-the-counter at a store if that's viable for you. Besides less cost, if they fall apart too soon you can probably get a direct warranty replacement at the store. Getting warranty service on internet-bought items is more of hassle.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals