• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Starting my body lift tomorow

Grunizzle

01/2013 OTOTM Winner
U.S. Military - Active
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L V-6
Transmission
Manual
So tomorrow after work I am going to start putting in my 2 inch BL on my 91 ranger ext. cab. I was just wondering how to get at the rear bolts in the cab section. And also for the bed bolts im confused as to if there are nuts on the bolts or some sort of clip system. If there is a clip and I break them what then!?
Any advice to newb before he begins would be greatly appreciated! ty

93Ranger4x4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
93, 96
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0, 4.0
Transmission
Manual
the bed bolts go into clips, you might be able to get them out without breaking the clip, just soak everything down with some PB blaster or what have you. As for the rear cab bolts, you will need to peel the carpet back, and i THINK there are rubber plugs over top the holes, remove those to reveal the rear cab mounts. Only the bed uses the clips, the cab mounts have threads built into the mounts, the front i think has nuts on the end of the bolts cant remember for sure.

EDIT:If you break the clips on the bed bolts, just break out the trusty grinder and cut the heads off the bolts and remove the bed completely and remove the clips and install new one or just put nuts on the new bolts.

Hope this helps you some.
93ranger4x4

Last edited:

Grunizzle

01/2013 OTOTM Winner
U.S. Military - Active
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L V-6
Transmission
Manual
well I got the cab done tonight. Going to finish the bed tommorow. It looks pretty good. All the bolts came out easily except the front passenger under the battery. That took a torch, chisel and hammer and 2 hours to get out.

Well it solved my tire clearance problem. Watch the show off forum for pics :headbang:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals