• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Sienna Brake Caliper?

harriw

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Hey guys (and gals),

I know this is a stretch, and I'm gonna go talk to a 'yota tech at the dealership tomorrow anyway, but does anyone have any experience with Sienna rear brake calipers? I was a bit surprised at the contraption I found when I popped the rear wheels off tonight (to clean things up and re-lube the slider pins and the backs of the pads - mechanic mentioned it looked like they were starting to wear un-evenly).

Here's what's there:

I've never seen a setup like this for the slide pins. Anyone know how this dis-assembles? It looks like a bolt (on the left/inside) threads into a pin that has a hex head on it (hex head just to the right/outside of the caliper's mounting point)? I'd like to know exactly what's going on here (one piece bolt or 2?) before I wrench on this thing any harder, and there isn't a shop manual available for this vehicle other than the $400 Toyota manual. Anyone know where I might find a blow-up diagram tonight? Not a biggy since I can check in with the dealership tomorrow, but thought I'd ask.

Thanks!

-Bill

snake

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Thats a weird sombitch- looks like its on backwards to me...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals