• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Please, if you have a 99 Ranger, please read.

Curt

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
When I put my fan switch all the way CCW, and the selector switch to OFF, I still have air coming in from the lower (floor) vent. (The temp of the air can be controlled from the temp switch).
The faster I drive, the more air comes in the through the lower vent.
Lower a window and even more air comes out.

Is this normal? Is the fan always on or is a door not closing completely?

Thanks in advance.

Beanmachine7000

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
I've never owned a vehicle that didn't do that... My 2000 Ranger does it... It's just positive pressure from the outside air releasing itself...

kossdust

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
Do you hear the fan running? Like put the fan on high and the turn the switch to off and see if you can hear it

wvcat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Yes the fan runs slow unless you turn the knob on the right to the off position.

Wicked_Sludge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3-point-GO
Transmission
Manual
in newer fords the only way to turn the fan all the way off is to select "off" on the panel.

even with everything set to "off" you will still get airflow while the truck is moving. this is outside air being forced through the vents by the vehicles motion (your air is drawn from the cowel at the base of the windsheild). the reason more air comes in when you crack the window is because you are releiving the pressure inside the cab, so the air can flow into the vents (then back out the window) more freely.

Curt

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
in newer fords the only way to turn the fan all the way off is to select "off" on the panel.

even with everything set to "off" you will still get airflow while the truck is moving. this is outside air being forced through the vents by the vehicles motion (your air is drawn from the cowel at the base of the windsheild). the reason more air comes in when you crack the window is because you are releiving the pressure inside the cab, so the air can flow into the vents (then back out the window) more freely.
That is exactly what I wanted to know.
Thank you sir, and thanks to all of you who answered.

This is a great forum.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals