• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

new question...how to use utorrent?

pud

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I joined themoviedownloads.net for $35/lifetime movie downloads. Then I had to purchase uTorrent for another $30....and now I have no idea to to work this stuff. Im outdated and need some help. You guys are great help thanks.
-Al

Chris.S.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
If you're still having trouble later pm me and I have a really PDF how-to for uTorrent (but it's at home and I'm at work right now..)

And yeah, uTorrent should be freeware. If you want get a refund and I can send you a copy (I have an older one-very stable, and pre-MPAA buy-in)

Jspafford

Logan Andrew Feb 17, 2012
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Chevy 3500HD
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
6.6L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
5"
Tire Size
35"
Hrm.. You do know that your still downloading the movies illegally right?

This is in small print at the bottom of the main page

"
The purchase of a membership, however, is not a license to upload or download copyrighted material.
We urge you to respect copyright and share responsibly.
Click here for info on using p2p safelybootleg movies "

If your going to bootleg them, you can do that for free. I would demand a refund if that's your plans.​

pud

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
ok well I have one downloading in uTorrent...I have a vague idea how I did it, and we'll see what happens when its done.
Im pretty sure I just got took tho. Because I didnt use the site I bought a membership on, I used uTorrent to search for the movie, and uTorrent is downloading it...but I also paid $30 for uTorrent, which i find out now is free.
I think they saw me coming...theyre going to get some emails here to sort this out.
In the meantime, does any of this make sense to anyone? because Im sooo confused haha..shoulda stuck to columbia house or something.

Chris S, hows the weather down there? I grew up in the 'buck

pud

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
wtf....Jspafford, what did I pay the site for then? I see that now down there.
edit: How is that even legal then, on their behalf

pud

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
ok i just realized I made an error...I didnt pay for uTorrent, I paid for PFConfig.

Chris.S.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
You mean winBuck? Lot warmer here than where you are.......

Check your pm's I'll send a couple of sites to go to download from...

fleck

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Wow, you've been tricked into paying money for things you should have never had to pay for.

Yikes.

pud

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
yeah, i called visa and started a dispute...I sent a very informative email to themoviedownloads.net asking what their membership provides me and basically asking wft i paid for, giving them an opportunity to prove their legitimacy or a refund will be required ..their support page says i will be contacted within 48hours...so if im not contacted then my visa insurance thing i pay for will refund me, and visa will go after em lol.
I downloaded uTorrent for free, and had to pay for PFConfig to let something somewhere port forward..no idea.

Jspafford

Logan Andrew Feb 17, 2012
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Chevy 3500HD
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
6.6L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
5"
Tire Size
35"
You could have went to portforward.com and they would have showed you how to forward a port on your router.

Regardless, what your doing is illegal, btw.

pud

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
i thought i was doing it legally till u showed me that little disclaimer they had on the bottom.
Is there a legal way to do this?

fleck

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i thought i was doing it legally till u showed me that little disclaimer they had on the bottom.
Is there a legal way to do this?
Yeah, also instead of buying PFConfig u could have asked us if we knew how to enable UPnP (Universal Plug N Play) on your router, which is becoming a more popular option in uTorrent as it just takes care of the forwarding without you having to do anything at all.

There is no reason to pay to watch movies that are being streamed to you online. Might as well join Netflix or Blockbuster and watch actual DVDs (if you haven't made the switch to Blu-Ray like some of us have). Netflix does do online streaming if you can't wait.

Last edited:

Nhaz

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1998 and a few
Make / Model
Ranger+Ranger+E
Engine Size
4.0 3.0
Transmission
Automatic
Just to be clear.

Downloading movies and or games via a torrent file is pretty close to 100% of the time illegal.

Not everything but 99% of it is. so just keep that in mind =>

DannyG

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Yeah, Netflix is a good streamer, but you need to have a decent down rate, and only certain movies are available over streaming (others for a limited time).

I personally did the whole download movies and music and stuff back in "the day". If you want decent movie quality, try iTunes. They let you rent movies but download to your PC and watch em. Up to a few days I believe.

It is probably easier to just join Netflixs and get two three dvds in the mall and watch em, then return them.

Hopefully you get your money back, (one way or the other). Just next time read the fine print. Kudos on you try the whole internet dvd/tv watching thing tho.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals