• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

a leaf spring swap question...

danger97

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
First- I have a 97 ranger 2wd supercab 4 cyl 5 speed.

Second- About a month ago i was on my way home from work and whacked a deer at about 45, spun around in the road and slid into the bushes. On the way in I hit a sewer drain and a guide wire for a utility pole, it didn't do much front end damage but wrecked the driver side leaf and shackles and bent the passenger side. My friend has a 4wd early 90's ranger and a 1st gen explorer with good leafs on both.

I was wondering if one/or both vehicles would match up with the 97 danger.

If no, then anyone in the western ny/northern pa area that has good leafs and hardware please let me know (PM or reply)...

also: im in need of some other parts for the danger, its posted in the classified- parts wanted section.

Thanks for reading
-birddog
:icon_cheers:

bluovaldude

Reaction score
I do believe you will be just fine with useing the leafs from the Ranger/exploder you have available. Just measure and check them to your springs now on length, But make sure both the springs are the same (i.e. both ranger or both exploder).
And I do believe the Exploder springs will give you a slight lift or at least a firmer ride.

And if all else fails, I have a set of springs from a 2005 2wd Ranger Shackles and all. Might be more than you want to spend though.

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals