• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Ideas for axle swaps

Thumpszilla

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Ok I am currently trying to collect parts for a future B2 build. I want this thing to be really strong and big. Full width axles are a must and it will more than likely be a link setup with airshocks. This will be a v8 b2 and I want between 36" and 42" tires may co with military tires (have a friend who gets them from time to time). I think they are Michelin xml or something like that. Anyway I need axle ideas. as far as tcase goes I will probably run a dana 300 twin sticked with a 4 to 1 kit. I want an axle that will hold up and that I can get parts for but will not be required to run chromo shafts in to get the job done. Not that I do not like chromo's but gets a little expensive to keep spares if you know what I mean. I would also like to go full hydro steering. My wheeling is mostly rock crawling. Thanks for the help in advance.

1badexplorer

Firefighter
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0, 501, 7.3psd, 351c, 351w
Transmission
Manual
High pinion dana 60 and either a 14 bolt, dana 70 or sterling 10.25 rear.

JohnnyU

"Outlaw"
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Chevrolet
Engine Size
Ls2
Transmission
Automatic
60's &14FF's are a bit played out. Find yourself a set of Mog axles if you want serious reduction and ground clearance to go along with it.
:icon_thumby:

dasroach

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
For tires try 100dollarman.com they have military tires dirt cheap thats where im gettin my 37's from

Evan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Manual
If you're running 42s at the most, a H.P. K.P. 60 in the front and a 14 bolt FF rear is an excellent setup.

EDIT: Also recommend 40s or smaller for rock-crawling, but that's just my opinion.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals