• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Tpms

ranger_mclaren

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1995/02
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3/2.0
Transmission
Automatic
tire pressure monitoring system? i'm pretty sure the newer rangers have these. my g/fs mom has a '07 santa fe she just had the tires rotated and noticed a TPMS light on the dash afterwards. she asked me what it was i figured its just low tire pressure, so i took it too fill the tires and they where all about 25 to 30 psi suppose to be at 45 psi so i filled the tires light still on. any ideas shouldn't light shut off after filling tires. or does dealer need to reset, if so thats retarded 'cause tires go low all the time, expespecally with ohio weather.

firefighter

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
I used to work at a Hyundai dealership and I left just after they were coming out with that. But i would take it to a dealership and tell them it won't go off. The tire psi should be 30, that's pritty standard on Hyundai's.

GoodysGotaCuda

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
where did you see its "supposed" to be at 45? Take it back to the dealer, don't say you've messed with it either..

ranger_mclaren

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1995/02
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3/2.0
Transmission
Automatic
The tire says (45 psi cold) its got 17 rims from the factory, don't know tire size off the top of my head.

Chris.S.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
The tire says (45 psi cold) its got 17 rims from the factory, don't know tire size off the top of my head.
That not what your tire pressure is supposed to be, that's the MAXIMUM tire pressure for that tire. The pressure you want will be either on a door sticker or in the owner's manual-should be around 30-35...

As for the light coming on, it sounds like whoever changed the tires may have damaged one of the sensors, take it back to the shop that did the work asap.

Ruffinit

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996, 2003
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 2.3 Duratec
Transmission
Manual
+1 for Chris S

firefighter

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
That not what your tire pressure is supposed to be, that's the MAXIMUM tire pressure for that tire. The pressure you want will be either on a door sticker or in the owner's manual-should be around 30-35...

As for the light coming on, it sounds like whoever changed the tires may have damaged one of the sensors, take it back to the shop that did the work asap.
The door sticker or owners manual is only going to show the pressure for factory sized tires.
If you are running a tire that is not the same size as it say's on the door sticker/manual, then the pressures you'll find there will not be accurate to the tire you have on the Santa Fe. And seeing how almost every dealership in the country pay's there tech's Flat Rate and not hourly. They wont take the time to go and look up what the appropriate pressure for the aftermarket tire should be. More then likely the'll run the pressure to 30/35. Callibrate the tpms to that pressure and you'll be stuck with the same problem over again.
If you are running different sized tires then contact the tire manufactur and ask them the correct pressure for your application. Then have the Dealership set it to that pressure.

Wicked_Sludge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3-point-GO
Transmission
Manual
more than anything, the correct tire pressure for a given vehicle is based on its weight. since the sante fe didnt change weight when it changed tires, the door sticker/owners manual will still give the correct tire pressure that should be run on that vehicle.

air them down to whatever the door says (probably 32-35) and take it for a spin down the highway. many of these TPM systems require a few miles after changing the tire pressure before they auto-reset. if it still wont go off, see the dealer about it (bad sensor or needs to be dealer reset).

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals