• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

a good header?

dangerranger0690

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
i got a pacesetter header on my 2.3 and it is a total p.o.s cracking and falling apart i bought it new less than a year ago, dose anyone know where to get a stainless one? or if the hookers are any good?

Ranger4banger97

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
If you got it straight from pacesetter, and also not too long ago, they might replace it; I forget their warranty policy. I dunno, just my $.02

dangerranger0690

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
no, its past warranty ive welded it up about 50 times

Ranger4banger97

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
no, its past warranty ive welded it up about 50 times
Oooh dang..haha. Umm i guess you could try Esslinger or Racer Walsh, they've got some pretty good stuff. And i dont think Hooker makes the 4-banger ones anymore, if you know they do, let me know i want one haha!

dangerranger0690

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
yeah hooker still makes em available from summit esslinger dosent have anything thats not for a race car and racerwalsh carries the pacesetter

4b316

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
Go to http://www.schoenfeldheaders.com/fordpinto.htm and look at the under chassis header,fits fine on a ranger,all you have to do is add a o2 bung.you will lose a little bottom end,but more than make up for it on the top.$150.We use the thur the firewall one on our race truck and pickup 13 hp over the stock one.

dangerranger0690

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
dose it have a regular collector? are they pretty tuff? i think i need somethin more street oriented...

Sevensecondsuv

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Many
Make / Model
All Fords!
Engine Size
Many
Transmission
Manual
I like the 94 factory shorty header I have on mine. Provided a very noticable increase in power over the manifold.

4b316

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
No,they don't have a flange to bolt to,we use a slip connector.It sounds like with the work that you have done on your truck,that a Schoenfeld would work good.You aren't running the Egr tube or o2 sensor are you?We have run the same header since 2001,wrapped,and it shows no sign of failure.Before we wrapped it,it would run cherry red,looked pretty neat at nite,on the track

dangerranger0690

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
yeah, no 02sensor or egr, ive turned mine cherry before :) but i was runnin it hard

that one is cheaper than a pacesetter

Dave R

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Kaiser
Transmission
Manual
The shoenfeld header has gotten some good reviews.

Hedmann used to make a 2.3 Header. It was average quality.

Ranger44

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
Stock header

Mutant Pony

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I also have the Shoenfeld. I haven't run it yet though. My old header is over twenty years old, It never cracked but, has developed a rust hole between tubes in the collector. I don't know who built it though. It didn't have a Hooker tag.
The first thing I do with a header that has a flange on the end is cut it off. The slip fit works much better. If you want a truly air tight seal, all you have to do is use a little ultra copper (high temp silicone). You usually don't need it though.

Dave R

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Kaiser
Transmission
Manual
The first thing I do with a header that has a flange on the end is cut it off. The slip fit works much better. If you want a truly air tight seal, all you have to do is use a little ultra copper (high temp silicone). You usually don't need it though.
I haven't had your luck. On my 1/4 mile toy, the kaufmann headers (made by Hedman) have slip fit primaries. I've tried everything short of welding them and they still leak.

4b316

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
we use a tapered slip fit and have two tubes welded to the side of the pipe and use a 5/16th X3 inches long bolt to draw the 2 together.As Mutant said if you want a seal,use copper sealant on the pipe.added benifit is that the pipe comes back apart "easily".Think we are going to try the "Tri-Y" header this year.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals