• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Internet Explorer 6 crashes

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
this is probablty old news for some, and irrelevant for others, but IE6, that I only recently upgraded too, has taken to crashing sporadically on some web pages (it did it while on TRS last night)...

There is a registry hack fix for anyone who is experiencing this...changing the DWORD value in one line...

Anyone else runninng into this on W2K or XP?

Psychopete

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
this is probablty old news for some, and irrelevant for others, but IE6, that I only recently upgraded too, has taken to crashing sporadically on some web pages (it did it while on TRS last night)...

There is a registry hack fix for anyone who is experiencing this...changing the DWORD value in one line...

Anyone else runninng into this on W2K or XP?
It could be a lot of different things, including even something like a plugin that's been installed in the browser. When it gets referenced, CRASH.

Due to the vunerability of IE 6 and it having it's own set of "Microsoft Standards" (not very compliant with typical CSS or JS standards), I could only suggest that you upgrade to an entirely different browser. It got better in IE 7, IE 6 just sucks all around IMO. There really is no support for it anymore.

Pete

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
I tried downloading FireFox last night and it needed AFP 9...so I downloaded AFP10 and it doesn't accept it on some sites...

I'm thinking of upgrading to XP shortly so I might just try the hack on the registry...IE 7 doesn't work with W2k so that is not an option...

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Soooo....

I updated my AFP to AFP10 and the crashing has all but disappeared...didn't have to hack the registry...but the download site listed "download and install" so at first I figured it would be a done deal with one click...turned out that I had to manually install the upgrade by clicking on the file...had six or seven copies of it in my download folder but none of them installed 'automatically'...

Firefox has a wonky scrolling issue with my wireless mouse so I might just uninstall it...

DeanMoriarty

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Might be time to upgrade to XP (or downgrade to Vista, lol). I was going to suggest trying google chrome, but it doesn't support 2k either.
Bummer Firefox doesn't work for you, it's far better than IE, IMO.

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Firefox was OK...but I didn't like the scrolling issue...and I guess if I spent a bit of time with it I might have been able to sort that out...I'm just happy I got rid of the error on IE6...I like things to work properly

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals