• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Junk Yards

pearldrumbum

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Manual
I'm lookin for some good junk yards in WA state. What are some of your favorites? I live in King Co. but for really good junk yards i'll make the drive to just about anywehre in the state, and into Oregon too. I'm still waitin for a killer deal to come up on craigslist (which doesnt look like it will happen) to find a 4.0 donor explorer (cuz i want the m5od and the axles too). So i wanted to find a list of good junk yards taht i can visit/call frequently and hopefully somethin will come in there.
Any help's appreciated!
-Jesse

dogboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'93
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Budget Truck Wrecking in Auburn. It is a little bit of a drive from Bellvue, but they have alot of stuff. And they only deal with trucks and SUV's. But Budget Auto Wrecking deals with all the cars, they are two separate lots.

Just like most other yards, they don't get 5spd 4.0L super often. I called my buddy who works there a while ago, (probably mid January) and he said they had a '94 M5OD 4.0 Navajo, but they go though trucks a lot quicker than that I think

I think your best bet would be to just call them
I know their phone number is in yellow pages, etc.

Last edited:

LEVE

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
When I lived on the West Side I dealt a lot with Walt & Vern's. Whenever I'm passing through Buckley I'll stop there and get parts I've been needing that I can't find on the east side of the State.

Now I usually go to:

Spaulding's Pull'N Save, it's fun to walk the yard and find what I need for my varied vehicles.

and Spaulding's Auto Wrecking

pearldrumbum

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Manual
Thanks for the replies guys.
About 2 minutes after i posted that question i found 2 explorers in the area that will work for reasonable prices, so hopefully one of those works out this weekend.

But it's still nice to know where good junk yards are, i always enjoy going even if i don't find something i need (which is rare)

MikeWild

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1991 Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
I just drove down to Everett from British Columbia to pick up a 4.0L for my ranger, the place I went to was Fleury Auto. They seemed like really decent guys and the price was right.

-1 Fleury Auto & Truck Parts, local profile:

Address: 13303 Highway 99
City: Everett
State: Washington

ZIP: 98204
Phone: (425)355-0554

fordxranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1989/1992
Make / Model
Fo Mo Co
Engine Size
2.9L....for now/4.0L
Transmission
Manual
the pull a part in lynnwood on 99 right across from the bent bike is ok. they get a lot of explorers but most of them have all the same options: auto trans, push button tcase, 3.73 gears, grey interiors and power seats. they are starting to get more 95 and up explorers but most of the time they get picked apart pretty quickly. its the only yard I go to cause its CHEAP. you just gotta go regularly to get the good stuff.

DisturbedESV

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L V6
Transmission
Manual
There's a big one outside of Chehalis/Centrailia area. I think it's called I-5 Auto Wrecking? It's literally RIGHT ON I-5... it's freakin' huge and has a lot of Rangers. I've heard the office staff can be a pain to deal with but prices are more than reasonable from what I gather.

short bus

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
The I 5 auto place is a great place to get your parts for cheap but your right about the staff they can be a pain in the butt to deal with been there to many times to count.

rangernotlifted

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
jetta,explorer,
Transmission
Manual
Yank a part in poulsbo,Wa "not tweakers"

Fx4wannabe01

February 2010 OTOTM Winner
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
There's a big one outside of Chehalis/Centrailia area. I think it's called I-5 Auto Wrecking? It's literally RIGHT ON I-5... it's freakin' huge and has a lot of Rangers. I've heard the office staff can be a pain to deal with but prices are more than reasonable from what I gather.
The I 5 auto place is a great place to get your parts for cheap but your right about the staff they can be a pain in the butt to deal with been there to many times to count.

I5 Auto and Truck Parts in Chehalis, Wa. I want to say Exit 71? I've been there probably 4 times now in the past 3 months. I find the yard to be AWESOME. I literally walked around looking at many many rigs for literally 3 hours. They let you roam the yard. Write down what part you want off of what vehicle, go back to the office and get a price, then pull it. There are ALOT of RBV's out there. I'm comfortable in saying theres more than two dozen of them out there. Bunch of twin stick gen2 and gen3 rangers...couple twin stick gen1 expos....10 or so 98+ rangers...a few sport tracs...TONS of explorers.

I've read reviews of them saying the desk people suck. Well...their prices are very reasonable. They actually LET you out in the yard alone. And their prices are fairly negotiable. I've never experienced anything even remotely negative from them.

Totalled

Law Enforcement
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
8 rabid gophers
Transmission
Automatic
I-5 is overpriced and shittastic to deal with. **** them.

pick a part in Oly slaps them around and calls them sally.

dogboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'93
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
My friend said that at I-5 wrecking, they have a 2wd Ranger with, he said, a 4" lift on it.

Not that many people in this area would lift a 2wd, but I figured I'd through that out there (I know if doesn't have to do with your topic either, but oh well).

Sunk

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.5 Eco
Transmission
Automatic
Yank a part in poulsbo,Wa "not tweakers"
They switched ownership about a year ago. They were Jim's Auto Wrecking, and they were tweakers then. You could go in one day and the guy behind the counter would tell you $5 for a part, the day day he would say $20. You could usually talk him down to $10 anyway though. Now the lady behind the counter just gives you outrages prices for stuff since she "used to work at Westbay and knows what stuff is worth new."

She knows me and my friends well enough that she gives us decent prices though. Back in December I think I was there with one friend like 5 times in a week.

eclipseguy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
there are a few 4.0 exploer's in a junk yard in anacortes called " almac". if you would like and you still need one ill go down and get a price for you.. just give me the year you would like.

eclipseguy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
sorry guess i missed one reply. you already got one

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals