• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

New to superchargers

drofforev5

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Ive been looking into supercchargers for my 04 ranger with the 4.0. Which superchargers are the best? Ive looked at Eatons but they dont seem like crazy performance, i also looked at vortechs but mounting it looked kinda scary. Another thing is what would you do about a chip or programmer. Something to take away your speed limiter and add a little performance maybe :icon_confused:. Hope someone can help me out.

rurouni20xx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
welcome, im not much of a super fan (granted they do a wonderful job no complaints) but as far as what your looking at goes, eaton makes the super for the dodge monster trks, id look there if i was into supers. chip wise id look into an sct flash programmer and a tuning station to tune out your app. i think it also takes care of the speed limiter as well. you cant really have a chip burned w/ the proper everything for the vehicle its best to have some dyno time to check it and do it right. a properly tuned engine actually outperforms a nontuned one, just clearing up the map helps out tremendously. hell on a gsxr on the dyno in florida we tuned out was completely stock gained 12 hp cuz the generic map didnt fit the discrepencies in the mass produced heads. if we added forced induction to the tuning process you can have wonderful gains. hope that helps. try and find 98blownranger he has a super on his trk.

Last edited:

98blownranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
explorer express has a kit out for your motor, also look at the kits for the mustang they should work or you SOHC moto....V6 mustangs

anupaum

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Eatons are cheap, plentiful and reliable. Don't dismiss them out of hand!

02oregonedge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic

98blownranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
yes but you still need a supercharger for that along with a tune

skyy_4life

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3 turbo
Transmission
Manual
i do beleive summit racing has supercharger kits for the ranger 4.0L check it out.

V8RangerBoy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
The M90 setup isn't BAD, but you can do better. Be weary of what comes in the kit though - DON'T USE THE FMU! Get some bigger injectors and a good tune or risk losing the motor!

98blownranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
the fmu setup right can work very well. a tune is alway best. many guys tune it to the FMU. FMU will only work pre97

summit no longer has 4.0 supercharger kits the 3 that were made are no longer and they were OHV setups

V8RangerBoy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Many, many puked motors spell out the sad story of the FMU. It CAN work. But it's a bandaid that should be avoided as much as possible.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals