• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Help with Fender Flare removal

fordman49450

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Hello, I have a 94 ext cab Ranger. it has the factory fender flares on it. I removed the push pins on them around the lip of the fender, but they still dont want to come off. I dont know if they have clips that are holding them on or double sided tape. I dont want to break anything, so if any of you have removed your factory fender flares, please advise me on this. Thanks.

Destroyer000

January 2009 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Ford
Engine Size
4.0. 4.0 Supercharged
Transmission
Manual
well your 1 step down a few more to go.. on the back side their are some bolts.. those have to come off an usually break off.. i broke all mine an made my own replacement pieces.. a piece of screen a some 1/4 20 bolts worked great... theirs also a few clips here an their that have to come out after i got the bolts off i pryed the flare off an removed the clips after with some needle nose pliars.. the back flares are by far easier to do than the front..

fordman49450

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
ok, so do the inner fender wells have to come out? I dont remember seeing any bolts, but maybe I didnt look hard enough, or maybe the inner fender well has to come out in order for me to see them. Thanks

Woods-Rider

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
on my 2004 after you remove all the push pins around the lip you can just pull the flares off. the only thing that holds them in are little clips that come out with a good pull. but thats on a 2004, dont know how different they are.

Loanranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1989/
Make / Model
Ford/
Fordzuki
Engine Size
2.9/2.3
Transmission
Manual
You should be able to push up on the flare and it will slide off the clips on the exterior. It may take some force, then just pull the clips once the flare is off.

thedangerranger93

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
ditto on the bolts....took me forever to fins 'em when I replace my fender. Mine came off to :)

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals