• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

A couple full width ?'s

brickhouse7

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Im trying to finish up everything on my 93 ranger, full width 44 and 9". I've got a coulpe of question, what are you guys running for steering? I know cross over is one option that im considering but if not what tie rod are you using with the hole in it for the drag link, also Im riding the 2.3 2wd for awhile so is there a u joint from the stock drive shaft to the 9" yoke i can get. The standard "bastard" joint that everyone carrys isnt right. i need one with ranger caps on both sides and one side with ranger width and the other with f150 width. Any help??? Ill try to get some pics of the build up tomorrow!

alaskan155

U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2002 2000
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
7.3l/4.0l
Transmission
Automatic
ford motorsports sells the joint you need

Shran

Junk Collector
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Easiest way to get the u-joint is to bring the driveshaft to a driveshaft shop and have them get a joint for you, then buy 3-4 of them so you've got spares.

For steering, I'm not really sure. All of the guys around here have built their steering out of DOM and used heims instead of TREs.

Hondafreak08

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
www.partsmike.com for steering.... great guy to workwith.. one day turnarround... havnt got to driveshafts... full width swap kinda seems like u have to jump arround to get it right in order..

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals