• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Some bag setup questions

HumphreyMurdoch

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I've got an '05 XL with a 2/3 drop already, but would like to put air ride on in the future but have some questions on different methods.

How low can you get if I take all the extra leafs out and put a bag on the axle and a notch?

This may seem like a silly question but I'm just not knowledged on air ride yet. But can the bags hold up if I load the bed when I haul stuff? I'm not going crazy with hauling or often, its mostly like helping friends move and car parts.

As far as the front, I've seen an article on modifying the lower control arm for a drop. Here's a pic from the article from another minitruckin site.

[/IMG]

Any thoughts, suggestions or opinions

Reaction score
From Rockport,IN goin to College at UNOH in Lima,
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i no this is gonna sound dumb but if ya wanna look at some air ride go to s-10 forums they have shit tons of stuff on puttin air ride on and they probably can help heres the site http://www.s10forum.com/forum/baggin-it/ hope this helps and when lowerin the back depending on how low u want u will more than likely have to cut out ur bed r raise it and u wont b able to haul much of anything

bluovaldude

Reaction score
If you wanna look at some bagged rangers, check out Rangerpowersports.com

However I would recomend going with the djm arms before modifing your stockarms... and as for bagging your truck and still hauling with it, how low do you plan on dropping it ? If you wanna lay frame your going to need to sacrifice bed space.

If your not gonna lay frame I would not worry about air ride, I would get the control arms and flip kit to turn your 2/3 kit into the 4/5, put the bolt in c-notch djm now offers and throw on a good set of nitrogen shocks and call it a day.

skyy_4life

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3 turbo
Transmission
Manual
i deffinatly agree.... if your going to bag it at all... go all the way to the ground. if your still going to be hauling shit. i would just lower it with BelTech Dream beams in front and flipkit in rear. that way you dont sacrfice any ride quality.

TS6034

September 2009 STOM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Also, not too many experienced bagged owners will recommend going with a "Bag Over Axle" setup. It rides rough. You can get a softer ride and more suspension travel with a levered setup. (Bag on Bar)

Like Bluovaldude said, go to rangerpowersports.com and check out the adjustable lowered suspension forum. Tons of info with pics on buildups of bagged rangers.

HumphreyMurdoch

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Ya that's what I was afraid of. Just hoping I could have my cake and eat it too.

I was thinking of modifying the control arm because I'll get 2" drop with stock springs and shocks.

Thanks all for the input.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals