• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

quad exhaust blew up?!?!

bmxryder

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
ok so yesterday i was riding my YFZ 450 (the one in my avatar) and i noticed that i got a strange throaty sound and i didnt have as much power. i stopped to look at the quad and didnt see anything wrong. it wasnt untill i loaded it into my truck that i noticed that half the exhaust blew out.

WHAT CAUSES THIS?????

btw its a white brothers e2 pipe. i checked the internet to try and find a number to call the manufacter but i couldnt find anything.

Beef52751

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I have seen something like that happen on a truck once, it was running WAY to rich and dumping basicly raw fuel into the exhuast. the fuel built up in the muffler (no cat) and when the truck backfired. KABOOM. Also happened on the dyno at work but no muffler, blew up our exhuast outlet tube though. (again, the motor was way to rich)
Beef

bmxryder

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
hmm that would make sense because the air filter was still alittle damp from drying the night before. we didnt notice untill we put filter oil on it and figured that it should be ok... obviously not. im still surprised i didnt hear that blow. i only noticed like 3/4's through the ride that it was stupid loud and had less power.

TRX501RYAN

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Have you ever changed the exhaust packing? it is possible that it wore out, and shot a good wad threw the hole that plugged it long enough to burst the aluminum like that

Ry

TRX501RYAN

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Also i looked at the pic again, it broke right after the mount, im wondering if there was Stress there from the weld and mount on the aluminum, how old is the exhaust? maybe its a defect and may be covered under the porduct warranty?

Ry

bmxryder

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Also i looked at the pic again, it broke right after the mount, im wondering if there was Stress there from the weld and mount on the aluminum, how old is the exhaust? maybe its a defect and may be covered under the porduct warranty?

Ry
ive had the exhaust since i bought the quad new, i think that was 3 years ago. ive never chaned the packing. how do you know when your suppossed to? we ride almost every weekend and i havent noticed a power change or a sound change so i figured it was ok. its not like a 2-stroke where it gets rediculasly loud. there isnt any welds on the pipe so that couldnt have had anything to do with it. i cant find any white brothers factory numbers. the "whitebros.com" site doesnt seem to be right. so i guess we are going to have to just buy a new one...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

• ryan
    Forum Administrator

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals