• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

06 Ranger Lowering Kit

thayes0002

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I was looking at the DJM 2/3 Drop Kit that comes with the new shocks and all first off I was wondering is this an easy install. They claim it is mostly just bolt on which sounds good. Also has anyone ever installed this and how did the truck ride afterwards. I want to drop my truck but not as much as the 4/5 drop but I also dont want to lose a lot of ride quality.

fordboi415

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
3.0V6
Transmission
Manual
My buddy has the 4/5 djm on his 00 xlt and that shit is sweet, he's only got maybe 3 to 4 inches of ground clearance and he's sitting on 18s, his truck rode smooth until he got low profile tires on those 18s

thayes0002

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Another thing that I noticed when I looked at it was that my leaf springs are already under my rear axle I have been told that I dont need a rear flip kit but instead lowering blocks and new shocks

skyy_4life

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3 turbo
Transmission
Manual
if axle is alrdy flipped then i would reccomend just new leafs to keep ride quality.

thayes0002

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
After getting that suggestion to change out the leaf springs I was looking at the Belltech leaf springs but I am getting mixed reviews about them effecting load capicity any thoughts

rat_ranger

December 2009 STOTM Winner
U.S. Military - Active
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3 duratec
Transmission
Manual
a 4/5 drop actually rides better than 2/3. you lose less suspension travel in the front, the rear you still lose travel but you can add in a bolt in notch to correct that. And if you run 17s to keep some sidewall itll ride more like factory. low profile tires affect the ride a good bit. I am running 20s and you can feel the difference.

constant_projecttruck

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
306 Ford
Transmission
Automatic
lowering leafs will almost always take away a lot of load capability. theyre just a smaller leaf pack. get some blocks if you want to keep some hauling in it. but dont go more then 3 inchs...itll get dangerous after that.

thayes0002

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I still want to be able to do some hauling but nothing hard or heavy I wanted to go about 3 inch in the front and 4 in the back that is why I had thought about going with the 3 in leafs from belltech and a 1 inch block.

jax4bangin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Another thing that I noticed when I looked at it was that my leaf springs are already under my rear axle I have been told that I dont need a rear flip kit but instead lowering blocks and new shocks
what year is ur truck and did u buy it new?

thayes0002

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2006 yea I bought it new just now getting around to really doing different things to it the lowering kit is a little ways away but wanted to get some input on what would be a good route to go

thayes0002

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I was looking at my truck the other night alittle closer and realized that I would be able to use a rear flip kit. I was wondering if anyone has had experience with the 2/3 DJM kit and if so does it require a Notch kit

nitemare

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2007 with some
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
3.0Lwith chip, exhaust, intake, throttle spacer, and will have headers with electric turbo soon
Transmission
Manual
2/3 inch leveling kit

hey i just joined this site if you are lookin for a drop kit djm suspension sells comete kits but i have installed mine and they say i need off set cams to adjust my front wheels. i have much more knowlage on rangers if anyone wants

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals