• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Heat.....but not really

funkingonutz

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.slow
Transmission
Manual
Every once and a while ill cold start the truck (3.0L 5speed 4x4) and it'll get up to normal operating temp. Then ill notice that there still is'nt any heat comming out of the heat vents. So then i pop the hood and pull the vacumn line off of that thing (forgot what its called) between the heater hose and i hear a short "pssst" noise, that little valve thingy opens and ta-da I have heat. What the hell is causing this??:icon_confused:

funkingonutz

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.slow
Transmission
Manual
yes thats what that thing is called...i remember now cause i had to replace it last Sept. when it was 38 degrees in the morning and i found out i have no heat lol!!!
Now since i replaced it, that should'nt be the problem right?? maybe its the vacumn line itself thats leaking??

Wicked_Sludge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3-point-GO
Transmission
Manual
if the valve defaults to hot when you pull the vacuum hose, then it sounds like it shouldnt have vacuum to it while the heat selector is on hot....but the "pssst" sound would indicate that it does have vacuum for some reason. sounds like whatever controles the vacuum input to the valve isnt doing its job.

cocoasranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I think WickedSludge is onto something. Maybe the valve is set up so a vacuum line failure does not result in loss of heat and therefore vision out the windshield which would be a definite safety issue. My son's Maxima was set up this way.

If that's the case you could disconnect the line and plug it during the cold weather and fix the problem when things warm up.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals