• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recently deceased ranger and pondering options...

rurouni20xx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
Hello friends and techs alike...i currently own a 93 ranger xlt 3.0L A4LD auto 4x4 truck, oil pump died in mcdonalds drive thru line and ran on 3 cylinders home to its current resting place, my apt. (after 278635 miles i give it full credit of being a damn good trk and it deserves a break, then again i wish it didnt nickel and dime 30k out of my ass in 4 yrs staying on the road...) so here i sit w/ a broke down trk and am pondering options, first things first, i have a small list of probs so ill be posting in the appropriate columns for these answers, thanks for all replies. Now to the heart of the problem, i need a motor, and i notice that i cannot find rebuild parts for my 3.0 at the local shops, wouldnt mind rebuilding my current 3.0, any resources on forged cranks, rods and oversize pistons? the rest ive found head etc wise. also my throttle hangs up and i cant find the 93 one piece intake manifold/throttlebody any resources on those and will other 2 piece yr units work? now for the huge question i have, since the question of the taurus motorswap always running into the will the damn tranny blt to the engine, can i ponder this thought, will the heads and timing gear/crank from the duratec engine bolt up to the cologne block? that way you have the a block that will def bolt to the tranny and you have the duratech valvetrain and head assembly that cranks out the hp/torque numbers everybody is looking for. and anotehr thing, i keep reading up on the duratec 3.0, what about a duratech 3.5? if that wont work i may consider a v8 swap but if that is the case why just do a 5.0 swap why not a 5.7? im not the smartest but i know a little about chevys (everybody around here has one sorry i hate to say) and i know on a 305 to 350 the only dif is the bore, then from 350 to 383 is stroke on the same block, is a ford 302 to 351 just an overbore on the same block or is it more complex? and even if its an overbore and stroke on the same block is it still a possibility? thanks for your time and i appreciate any response to this. cheers to those willing to pass info :icon_cheers:

Sweet-85'

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
2.8 V6
Engine Size
2.8L 171CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
If it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is!
i know on a 305 to 350 the only dif is the bore, then from 350 to 383 is stroke on the same block, is a ford 302 to 351 just an overbore on the same block or is it more complex? and even if its an overbore and stroke on the same block is it still a possibility?
Actually, the 351 whether windsor, or cleveland blocks, is a totally seperate block design from the 302. However you can turn a 302 into a 347 with an overbore and stroker kit. :icon_thumby:

rurouni20xx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
thanx for the reply however im attempting a turbo 3.3 v6 w/ a goal horse of about 300 hp, most of the stuff is in the worx, you can check out my build thread entitled 3.3 H.O. (morana turbo 3.3)

baddis

U.S. Military - Veteran
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 Sohc 1.5 ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
the taurus 3.0 will fit with some parts swaping. the oil pans are different,the intake,and the timing cover are the things that come to mind.

rurouni20xx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
redoing the engine currently in it, thanx for the info.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals