• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Stock Bed Liners

PureWater

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I’m picking up my new truck in a few days 2008 Ranger. I get it with a bed liner, because I tend to use a truck as a truck (stone, dirt, scuba gear, etc) I’m a little concerned about having these big-a*s holes in the box liner where Ford put these damn tie downs. I also take all my vehicles every year to get under sprayed. I was wondering if anyone know of a cap or some sort of cover that was made for these holes??? I would like to keep the stone and dirt out.

I was thing of making my own, which should not be a problem but I don't what to void any warranty

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
How about a spray in? I like the spray in I have in my F-150 much better than my drop in that is in my Ranger. Things down slide around and it can't trap things underneith to rust out the bed. The only warrenty it will void is the on the paint under it, and nobody will be seeing that again anyway.

ZMan

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
MTOTM Winner
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Rangers
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
4/4, bagged
How about a spray in? I like the spray in I have in my F-150 much better than my drop in that is in my Ranger. Things down slide around and it can't trap things underneith to rust out the bed. The only warrenty it will void is the on the paint under it, and nobody will be seeing that again anyway.
have you ever actually seen a bed rust underneath a bedliner? I pulled a bedliner out of a 1986 and it looks 10x cleaner than my '92 that never had a bedliner in it. Same thing with my dads older F-150, and his current F-150.

I would still rather have a spray in though.

As for the tie-downs, I don't understand why they cut big holes like that? The liner in my dads '97 F-150 is fairly snug to the sides of the bed. You bolt the tie-downs on overtop of the liner.

Sasquatch_Ryda

Ford Technician
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Tire Size
40s
The ranger bed liners from ford have holes in them so you can access the stock tie downs, unlike the f150's and super duties that have provisions for them to be bolted overtop of the liner thus having no holes.

PureWater

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Ok, but was there ever a cover made for these holes?

To tell you the truth, the real only reason Ford did something so STUPID!!!
was because, IMHO its one more reason you'll have to buy a new car sooner or start buying new truck beds which I have not priced but I'm sure have gone up in price. There are Smart people that work at Ford but this is such a bad idea (the holes in a bed liner) the only thing that makes cense for why is the big $$$$$$$$.$$

Sasquatch_Ryda

Ford Technician
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Tire Size
40s
I know the rear tie downs on the f150 are similar to the ranger cut out holes and come with a rubber plug, maybe they would work for you. your dealer should have them in stock.

ZMan

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
MTOTM Winner
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Rangers
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
4/4, bagged
Ok, but was there ever a cover made for these holes?

To tell you the truth, the real only reason Ford did something so STUPID!!!
was because, IMHO its one more reason you'll have to buy a new car sooner or start buying new truck beds which I have not priced but I'm sure have gone up in price. There are Smart people that work at Ford but this is such a bad idea (the holes in a bed liner) the only thing that makes cense for why is the big $$$$$$$$.$$
They do the same thing to the dakota liners at the dodge dealer I work at, they have a seperate company install them though. Personally I think its just straight up lazyness.

Sasquatch_Ryda

Ford Technician
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Tire Size
40s
Pretty much yea, saves 10 minutes of unbolting and reinstalling the tie downs.

PureWater

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
It could be "straight up lazyness" but under any bad vehicle design there seems to be nothing more then cost saving which the consumer never benefits from.

Post From:Sasquatch_Ryda
"I know the rear tie downs on the f150 are similar to the ranger cut out holes and come with a rubber plug, maybe they would work for you. your dealer should have them in stock."

I'll look into that thanks.

If anyone has any pics of home made hole cover cap for the box liner could you please post them.

Thanks.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals