• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Wireing issues!!! HELP??????

broncointhemaking

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 going to a 4.0 now
Transmission
Manual
Ok heres the deal I am a 17 year old car nut and I have this Bronco 2 with the original 1986 everything in it and i recently recieved a 1995 Ford Explorer 4.0. The 4.0 went in with minor use of a shovel, 5lb. hammer,and jach handle. Anyway The only issues I have now are wires. I am royaly confused on the wireing :shok::dunno::sad: and need any advice on what to do I can get. please help. thanks

Kc Bunch

HndMeDnBroncoII

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
BroncoII
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Ok heres the deal I am a 17 year old car nut and I have this Bronco 2 with the original 1986 everything in it and i recently recieved a 1995 Ford Explorer 4.0. The 4.0 went in with minor use of a shovel, 5lb. hammer,and jach handle. Anyway The only issues I have now are wires. I am royaly confused on the wireing :shok::dunno::sad: and need any advice on what to do I can get. please help. thanks

Kc Bunch
use the 95 wiring harness and ecu and good luck:icon_rofl:

spaz1879

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
well that doesn't really help him much, im not saying that i have the answer for you but im sure if you pick up both of the Chilton repair manuals they will help out alot because in the back are wiring diagrams. good luck

broncointhemaking

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 going to a 4.0 now
Transmission
Manual
the 4.0 wireing harness is helping allot but the chiltons has confused more than helped is there any real big changes on the 4.0 harness the only one i can think of is the trans wires. any thing im not thinking of that needs to be rewired off of the 95 harness?

redneckdanger

Dec 2008 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
mostly 1987
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I put a 90 4.0 harness in my 87. It does take alot of time, but not as much as it will if you try to make a hybrid with the two harnesses. Ford has this way of not doing something the same way between model years (or days). I have found that chiltons are good for getting you in the right direction on some things, but not electrical. My last electrical chilton experience was last week and it was bad on a 74 jeep. I installed a 95 ranger dash in my truck and it went in relatively easy. If I remember right, all of the heater ducts and supports were in the right place. I did have to relocate two front mounting tabs that are near the windshield over a few inches. Other than that it went pretty well.

5.0B2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5L
Transmission
Automatic
Try to get the factory Vacuum and Wiring manuals for both (I got mine on eBay for cheap)

fordmandan87

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
87/92/97/11
Make / Model
Ford×3/Freightl
Engine Size
/5.0/4.0/7.3/DD15
Transmission
Manual
would the factory dealership manuals work for ya

broncointhemaking

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 going to a 4.0 now
Transmission
Manual
ok I have almost every wire sensor and plug i acn get out of that 95 explorer but im still not seeing what I need to do so if some one has pics of their wireing I would love to see some pics.:icon_confused::dunno:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals