• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Painting Camper Shell

97ranger4x4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My roomates grandfather used to work at an autobody shop and still has his sprayers. I would like to repaint my camper shell because it looks like shit. I would also like to match the color since it is a little off. My paint is only a few years old on the back half of the truck. How much paint is needed. Also any recomendations on where to get it? Ford v. another place.

Keith

Bill

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Any body shop should be able to match the paint with the paint codes. The only mismatch you will end up with is the shell will shine a bit more unless you polish the clearcoat on the rest of the truck.

ozzy85

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
None
Total Drop
None
Tire Size
225/75/15
My credo
Yeah... still here.
I second that.

rickcdewitt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4-0 swap
Transmission
Manual
Any body shop should be able to match the paint with the paint codes. The only mismatch you will end up with is the shell will shine a bit more unless you polish the clearcoat on the rest of the truck.
if you get paint using only the paint code it is likely it won't match the truck too well.only about 1 in twenty formulas i mix up are the same as the car.it doesn't help that cars with the same damn paint code are always slightly different hues,intensities,and metallic sparkle values.:pissedoff:the only way to be sure its going to match is to have a bodyshop custom tint the paint to match your truck,otherwise it could be darker,lighter,have an odd sidetone thats different,or metallics that don't match.you can still paint it yourself but i'de want to spray some out and adjust the color(have the shop do it) before starting.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals