• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

What do you think?

Karlton694u

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
I have a receiver hitch on my ranger with a 3" bl on it. It kinda looks funny so i am thinking about taking it off and selling it. I would mainly keep it for a place to hook to when mudding if i need to pull someone out. I think I could manage to weld up some rear tow hooks to bolt to the frame if I got rid of it. What do you think would be more worth while? And which would look better? I'm not going to enter it into a looks competition but it does look kinda stupid.:icon_confused::icon_confused:

Thanks guys

-Karl

Karlton694u

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic

Gotta_gofast

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
6.0L Powerstroke
Transmission
Automatic
...I'm looking for a reciever...

Karlton694u

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
Okay, that doesn't really help... I think its a class 3, but where exactly are you located? Would you come pick it up? And price?:icon_thumby::icon_welder:

Gotta_gofast

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
6.0L Powerstroke
Transmission
Automatic
lol, I know it doesn't help. But if you find yourself parting ways with the hitch in the future let me know. oh, located in Milton just north of Janesville.

Karlton694u

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
Yeah, pm me with a price that you think is reasonable. It is in near perfect condition. I would have to check into that whole Janesville area/Milton thing. I might have a way to get it there. I will check into it. Please pm me with a price.

Thanks

-Karl

Gotta_gofast

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
6.0L Powerstroke
Transmission
Automatic

Will

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Leave it on there. No Truck is complete without a receiver hitch. Hooks suck because they are bolted to a tiny bit of frame. They bend the flange out and can even rip free. A receiver hitch transfers the jerk to both frame rails and over a much wider area of each rail. You can even use it to hook a winch to the rear if you need to. And it gives you a lot more towing options if you ever need to use it to tow anything. My neighber bought a pintle hitch to slide in his receiver so he can borrow my trailer, for instance. Not only that, but it makes the frame a lot stronger in the event of a crash. I have one on the front of my truck and I hit a storm drain with the lid off with the edge of the snow plow and it spun me around and bent the plow bracket up but the frame of the truck didn't move.

I put receivers on everything. Even my little Honda Wagovan has one.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals