• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2.9 auto 4x4 bII overheating issue

dandeman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
I have a bronco II with a automatic transmission. When u start it stays in the normal operating temp range for like five minutes. I have replaced the thermostat and the radiator cap thinkin it wasnt working right. The thermostat that i took out was a 180 and i replaced it with a 192 and it didnt help at all. Im now thinkin that its the fan clutch. But any other coments on my problem

dgndngrngr

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
how long has the coolant been in there? anything blocked up you think? if you pinch the top radiator house while its running you should feel a rush of coolant when you let it go.

dandeman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
ya i havent tried that but i changed the thermostat today so all the antifreeze is new. ill give it a try

dandeman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
wut would be wrong if the coolant doesnt rush once u let go of the hose? There might be some blockage but i dont have any clue where it would be at. It might be in the radiator. I was thinkin of taking it to the local radiator shop but i dont think that radiator with all the plastic that is on it would react good with the acid bath. Ill prolly have to replace it and it will be expensive that way and thats not exactly what i want to do but i want it fixed badly. Wuts that best stock ford electric fan to run if my fan clutch is bad? I was thinking a taurus fan...

country0001

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford,Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Actually a new radiator is About 110 bucks at Autozone. LMC also sells for that price. I'm having the same issues. Changing the thermostat today.

dandeman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
for some reason when i hit the brakes and turn on my heater the temp gauge goes up. Does this mean that my temp gauge might be faulty? There was some leaves in front of my radiator and i sprayed it down with a water hose and blew it out with a air hose and that didn't change anything. At idle it stays at the A in normal and that is pretty hot too hot for my comfort. im really thinking that its the fan clutch, cause it cooler at idle than it is at cruzin speeds. any other sugestions?

mountainkowboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Sucks to be you
Sounds like a bad radiator, if it runs hot at over 40 mph its the radiator not the fan clutch.

dandeman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
actually since i have a auto transmission from autozone it will cost me 202 from oreillys it cost 150

Actually a new radiator is About 110 bucks at Autozone. LMC also sells for that price. I'm having the same issues. Changing the thermostat today.

dandeman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
actually since i have a auto transmission from autozone it will cost me 202 from oreillys it cost 150 1800 radiator free shipping i can get it for 140

Dzrtcj7

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I second the bad radiator. I've played this game on a couple of rangers. Spent a ton replacing all the little crap, avoiding dropping the $100 and something dollars, and in the end, the radiator fixed it.

I've used radiators.com. Worked great for me 3 times so far. They even do next day delivery for cheap.

country0001

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford,Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
got my radiator at a salvage yard for 25. new thermostat and gasket 8. Gauge is still shows its hot. Going to get a new gauge today:icon_confused:

dandeman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
well the other day i was airing up my tire and i noticed something dripping from the rear of the block or motor to the front differential to the ground. So i crawled under it while it was running and notice its clean water no antifreeze, but the radiator is full with coolant. Is it good for u to be able to take the radiator cap while its and nothing to happen,no hiss or anything i was thinking that your suppose to noticeable sound to think there might be some pressure, behind it... I was thinking it might be a freeze plug leaking thats why there isnt pressure in the system. But once started and driven for ten minutes it flucates for hot to normal. Any suggestions what might be wrong

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals