• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

03 Level II Front skid plates?

Arctic_LII

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Hey, I'm new to this site and so far from just cruising around, it has been very helpful. I'm the owner of a 03 FX4 L2 and love everything about it. It was bought new in Barrow, Alaska and spent most of it's life up there. The person I bought it from installed a front tow bar to drag it behind his RV. My problem is I keep hearing about all the skid plated the L2 is supposed to have, yet I only have one on the gas tank and a skinny one under the T/C. Is there supposed to be some up front, cause i have nothing at all. I've tried for awhile to come up with pics, but I can't find any. If anyone has any, knows of any, or can tell me a good place to search for something like this, I would really appreciate it.

Bryan

dgndngrngr

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
ya there should have been one like this up front. its off an 06 in the brochure but it looks pretty much the same i believe. he might have had to take it off to mount the tow bar

Arctic_LII

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Hmm... We're those L2 only? This kinda sounds like it might be a difficult item to come up with, if that's the case.

badbronc92

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC V6
Transmission
Automatic
Yeah it's level II's only that have the front skid plate. I've got a level one and have been looking for one but all i can come up with is a $260 one from summitracing.:bawling::shok:

Bent Bolt

Ford Technician
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Supercharged 4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
I've seen them on the Mazda trucks too.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals