• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

who sells new t-cases for an '03 dodge w/cummins?

blue83ranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My cousin just bought a 2003 Dodge 2500 4x4 4 door with the cummins and a 6 speed. He bought it "as is" from a dealer in indiana and drove it home to IL and, well, it didn't make it to good. He stopped to get fuel and noticed oil everywhere under it and found a hole in the transfercase. So he "patched" it the best he could and kept going, it did make it home but now there are 3 holes. he's got it out and it looks like the chain got very loose and wore against the side of the tcase. So i was wondering if anyone knows where he can get the best deal on a new one? The truck only has 160,000 miles on it. So buying i used one wouldn't be worth it. He tried every junk yard he could find in the area and found nothing. Scheid diesel in indiana said there are no updates for it and they could rebuild his for $1000 and he priced one through a dealer (brand new) for $1600 but my dad can get him 25% off. anyone know of any other options?

blue83ranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Well, my cousin just ordered the new one. Not sure how long that take to get in though.

Will

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
It has a chain?

No more NP205 in those I guess.

blue83ranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
yup a chain, you can see 2 different places about 2 inches long where the chain wore through the case. He has the new one in by the way and now that junkers clutch went out after he was pulling a trailer with a skid steer on it. pretty sad i say, although it has 160,000+ miles and we have no idea how it was treated.

Jspafford

Logan Andrew Feb 17, 2012
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Chevy 3500HD
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
6.6L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
5"
Tire Size
35"
He ought to go over the whole drivetrain while he has the transmission out doing the clutch job. Would hate to have to do it all again!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals