• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Tranny slipping. HELP !!!!!!!

WNY964x4

ASE Master Certified
Supporting Member
Firefighter
ASE Certified Tech
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
72-03
Make / Model
Chevy,Ford,BMW
Engine Size
alot of different ones
ok , i am sick of having problems with this truck

the truck is a 2000 Ranger 3.0L , it has the 4R44E , i just got finished putting an engine in , ok , i was driving it today , i put about 40 miles or so on it , when i got within 3 miles of home , i went to accelerate , the truck revved up and it did not speed up , babyed it home , checked the fluid , it was full and clean , let the truck sit for an hour , drove it 2 miles , shifted through every gear just fine.

any ideas

background of the truck

Year : 2000
Make : Ford
Model : Ranger XLT
Engine : 3.0L V-6
Trans : 4R44E
T-case : B-W 1354E
Rear : 7.5'' 3.73 gears
Tires : 31x10.50R15LT Primewell PA100

the truck has 156k miles on it , engine has 98k on it , i have put 10k on it since i bought the truck in may , i do not know what service was ever done before i owned it , and i used Mercon V in the tranny after the engine swap because i removed the Torque Converter

bumbleb77

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Has the problem returned? Any other slipping issues?

WNY964x4

ASE Master Certified
Supporting Member
Firefighter
ASE Certified Tech
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
72-03
Make / Model
Chevy,Ford,BMW
Engine Size
alot of different ones
havent tried driving it yet , i am afraid of destroying the tranny if i drivr it too much , and i cannot afford a new tranny with all the work i already put in it

bumbleb77

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Try running it around the block. When you put it in reverse, see how long it takes for it to engage. You know what it feels like. Then shift it into D, wait and feel. If all feels good, shift it into R and back it out of the driveway. See what happens, but slowly at first. You may have messed up either the pilot or caused some damage to the pump. Not to sure yet. I'm looking up some things. Just give that a try.

WNY964x4

ASE Master Certified
Supporting Member
Firefighter
ASE Certified Tech
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
72-03
Make / Model
Chevy,Ford,BMW
Engine Size
alot of different ones
well i talked to my boces teacher yesterday , who happens to be a ford man and he owned his own tranny shop , he said to sheck it running but cold , i did , it was about a quart or so low , , so he said to fill it and do some simple driving , he sais it sounded like a busted a band or a clutch set of something and that clogged the filter which caused the pump to get no fluid

91rangerxlt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 and 2002
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0 ohv and sohc
Transmission
Manual
i had this haappen on my old ford half ton. put a new filter in and it ran like a charm till i broke the cam lol. yours is a whole lot newer though so im not sure.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals