• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

milemarker pe8000

c_note

September 2009 OTOM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger/Explorer
Engine Size
4.0 sohc
Transmission
Manual
well im sure this winch gets the job done but my question was does this winch work well under extreme conditions. im talkin bout say ur sinking and u need to pull urself out right away and not worry bout burning up the motor! am i just better off getting a Warn?

Thanks

btw... not sure if this is the right forum

samsonitesamsonite

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Jeep
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
it wasn't, so i moved it. I have no experience with MM but experience tells me that if you have the need to ask, then you need warn.

rickcdewitt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4-0 swap
Transmission
Manual
it says right in the mile marker literature that they are for occational use only.they also have slower line speed and less pulling power the more line is on the drum compared to warn.2-300$ less though.

JohnnyU

"Outlaw"
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Chevrolet
Engine Size
Ls2
Transmission
Automatic
Mines been used and abused for over two years without any sign of fatigue. I'd suggest a 9500# just for the extra pulling power, but my 8000 has never left me stranded.

PARKINGLOT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Jeep
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
it nice when people who actually have experience chime in, eh Johnny?

Last edited:

rickcdewitt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4-0 swap
Transmission
Manual
it nice when people who actually have experiance chime in, eh Johnny?
i like my e9000.its nice when people who can spell chime in.^^

JohnnyU

"Outlaw"
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Chevrolet
Engine Size
Ls2
Transmission
Automatic
He asked about the MileMarker PE8000. I have a MileMarker PE8000, thus I offered my first hand experience with said product.

rickcdewitt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4-0 swap
Transmission
Manual
they are both light duty winches with slower line speeds.the real question is does he really need a heavier duty winch?thats up to him.from my limited use of a pe 8000 on my uncles jeep i'de say it works fine like you said.no getting around the fact its made in chi-wan-istan though.nice of you to defend parkinglot

Todd

HCT
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
90/92/99/04
Make / Model
BIITR
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Tire Size
I have no personal experience with MM winches as many of my buddies that have rigs and actually wheel have warns. The ones that don’t wheel much have either MM, Ramsy, or china winches, if that tells you anything. IDK.

All I know is my Warn 8274-50 is stupid simple, fast and tough!!!!! If you want something to pull fast all day long then this is the winch for you. I have used the piss out of this thing being winch bitch on trail rides tugging full sizes around. With a snatch block its unstoppable and versatile.

PARKINGLOT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Jeep
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
He asked about the MileMarker PE8000. I have a MileMarker PE8000, thus I offered my first hand experience with said product.
I know you do. All I meant is, It's nice when someone that was used said product to chime in, rather than the usual "oh it's a piece of junk" from someone who's never used it. If I can find one when I've got to cash, I'm also considering a PE8000...

JohnnyU

"Outlaw"
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Chevrolet
Engine Size
Ls2
Transmission
Automatic
As far as occasional-use winches for off-road recovery, Warn seems to be one of the better names. However, I do actually wheel my truck, and do actually use my winch, MileMarker or otherwise....

If you want a real winch, look into a Ramsey worm-gear hydraulic winch, they're unstoppable. That was all we used to run on our hydraulic wreckers back in the day.

rickcdewitt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4-0 swap
Transmission
Manual
If you want a real winch, look into a Ramsey worm-gear hydraulic winch, they're unstoppable. That was all we used to run on our hydraulic wreckers back in the day.
the hydralic winches used on tow trucks are nice.i've seen my buddy who works out of the bodyshops impound yard almost tear a car in two with one.only problem is the motor must be running the entire time with hydralics(good idea with electric winches also but that difference could save your butt).BTW the only real differences between the pe8000 and e9000 is 4.1hp instead of 4.5.same controller,same ratio.if you look back at his question you'll see he asked if it was heavy duty with a fast line speed.i don't need to have had a MM for two years to answer no to both.as i said before does he really need a fast heavy duty winch? thats the question.what will he use it for?not whether or not you have more experience with the 8000.

Woods-Rider

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
I've got a PE8000 on my rig and it pulls fine. not the fastest but unless you plan on getting stuck every hour then it should be just fine.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals