• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

88 B II alignment questions

fix_or_repair_daily

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford,Chevy,Satu
Engine Size
2.3, 5.7, 1.9
Transmission
Manual
I just put f150 spacers and chevy shackles on my 88 B2 along with all new balljoints, pivot bushings, radius arm bushings, shocks for a 2" lift, and a new drag link. I also bought the dual adjustable caster camber bushings from Napa. My front end always looked like it had an excessive amount of positive camber the whole time I've had it, but the tires were worn very even. I put on all of the parts stated above and started to do the alignment at the shop I work at (after I took it outside and flexed the suspension so it would settle). The best I could get it was 1.3 degrees positive camber on both sides and the caster was way less the spec but sill positive and slightly more on the pass side, and I set the toe to spec. I know what you're thinking, but I actually do comprehend how these front ends work. That was all the adjustment there was. By eye, the camber looks about the same as before It actually drives very nice except for the slow return to center, which I'm already used to. I read in two different books that camber specs for the 88 are between -.5 and 3.0 pos. even though that seems very excessive. So, with all that said, why is there so much gray area on camber on these, and are my tires going to wear decently?:dunno:

Sorry about being so long winded,
Josh

4x4junkie

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
35x12.50R15
Camber spec should be +0.25°, although I like to use more like +0.5° to account for loading of occupants/cargo (caster should be between 2-7°)

+1.3° camber I don't think is enough to impact tire wear real heavily, although it may still be enough to cause some unusual wear if you don't rotate the tires occasionally.

I would shave down the spacers just a bit until you can get the camber around +0.5° or so. This will help with the caster some too.

04 EDGE

Banned
--- Banned ---
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
you got the wrong camber inserts.

they make them in different degree sizes

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals