• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Ford Ranger C5

budro

V8 Engine Swap
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Can you put a C5 out of the 83-85 rangers behind a v8 without any mods?
I know everyone says that you are supposed to switch out the valve body. I understand the torque converter, flywheel and bellhousing but why the valve body? Are they not the same? I thought the main differnces between the C4 and C5 were the torque converters.

So basically I have a C5 from a 4 wheel drive Ranger and want to put it behind a 5.0. Wont this work without any interior mods? As I am sure there were 5.0 or 302 cars with the same trans just different tail extensions.

Totalled

Law Enforcement
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
8 rabid gophers
Transmission
Automatic
The stock valve body shifts too fawkin slowly and softly. The extra power through the trans would smoke the clutches. You want a V8 Valve body with a shift kit. Change the intermediate servo out for a least an "A" also.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals