• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Heres what the mechanic said....

sweetwaterbroncoII

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Manual
I picked my BII up from the mechanic today...he fixed the leaky rear end (front seal had gone bad)...he confirmed that the loud ticking noise and poor performance was caused by a faulty ground wire on the back of the engine near the distributor.....so far so good....but I haven't gotten back on the interstate yet for a long ride either!

Wicked_Sludge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3-point-GO
Transmission
Manual
i dont see how a bad ground would cause a ticking noise (unless, like i said before, it was spark knock).

guess we'll see...ill keep my fingers crossed for ya.

sweetwaterbroncoII

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Manual
Thanks...I'm off work for a couple of weeks so it may be a while before it hits the interstate, but I'll let you know....having my tires put on tomorrow.

HndMeDnBroncoII

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
BroncoII
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
i dont see how a bad ground would cause a ticking noise (unless, like i said before, it was spark knock).

guess we'll see...ill keep my fingers crossed for ya.
hey dude grounds usually dont matter to much but in some cases they need that extra bit from the block ive seen quite a few times now like one was atemp gauge it worked great no probs then head gasket was replaced and the guy doin the work didnt install the ground wire back to the head no big deal right ,well it turned out that the temp gauge kept reading way to hot . hooked up the ground and voila. i told sweet to go and check all the grouds and connections just in case. btw do u do alot of work on cars n stuff cause i noticed ur quite knowledgable. R

Wicked_Sludge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3-point-GO
Transmission
Manual
im a technician by trade and ive been wrenching on my own junk since i was old enough to hold a wrench. im still young though, and i dont have as much experience as some of the older fellows around here.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals