• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

turbo 2.3 with stock motor

ncsdaonex

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L 4 cylider
Transmission
Manual
okay i want to turbo my ranger and im going to make other advancements, now it wouldnt be worth it for 5 pounds of boost but id be okay with 10 pounds of boost but 15 would be better. Will the stock pistons take the 10 pounds of boost and possibly 15 pounds of boost.

therieldeal

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
it all depends on tuning, intercooling, what turbo you're using, etc etc etc

15psi on a turbocoupe IHI is totally different from 15psi on a 50 trim t3/t4

ncsdaonex

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L 4 cylider
Transmission
Manual
2.3 turbo stock motor

it all depends on tuning, intercooling, what turbo you're using, etc etc etc

15psi on a turbocoupe IHI is totally different from 15psi on a 50 trim t3/t4

so if i use a garrett turbo and have it all tuned right i could posssibly get the stock motor with the stock pistons to handle 15 pounds of boost, and i will probably use an oil filled turbo but i might use intercooled, im not sure yet, so do you think i could get to handle 15 pounds of boost

therieldeal

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
so if i use a garrett turbo and have it all tuned right i could posssibly get the stock motor with the stock pistons to handle 15 pounds of boost, and i will probably use an oil filled turbo but i might use intercooled, im not sure yet, so do you think i could get to handle 15 pounds of boost
what size garrett turbo? A T25, T3, T4 or maybe a T67? Intercooling has nothing to do with the turbo itself, you're thinking of water cooling. Water cooling just extends the life of the turbo.

ncsdaonex

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L 4 cylider
Transmission
Manual
turbo 2.3

what size garrett turbo? A T25, T3, T4 or maybe a T67? Intercooling has nothing to do with the turbo itself, you're thinking of water cooling. Water cooling just extends the life of the turbo.
yeah probably a T3 and yeah so can the pistons take 10 to 15 pounds of boost on the stock motor form a T3

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals