• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

fault code 222

ki6ojv

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994 mazda 2300
Transmission
Automatic
I have a 1994 b2300 and am getting fault code 222. I replaced the plus wires and swapped around coils but still will not clear I dont know what an IDM exactly is nore can I find any info on this code for diagnosis.

ki6ojv

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994 mazda 2300
Transmission
Automatic
heres a handy link:

http://www.wrenchead.ca/HTML%20Presentation%20folder/sld061.htm

i cant tell you much more about it than that as ive never delt with that actual code. you might look into replacing that resistor though.
Thanks, That helped a lot to clarify things. I know GM TFI/hei systems but not the Ford stuff that well. I will check the DIS module but I could not find that resistor anywhere. Does sound like the resistor might be my problem. Now i just need to know where it is in there.

Wicked_Sludge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3-point-GO
Transmission
Manual
your PCM should be mounted in the drivers side firewall. i would imagine that resistor should be somewhere near there...perhaps up under the dash a little.

ki6ojv

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994 mazda 2300
Transmission
Automatic
Im not getting anywhere. I can not find the resistor in the system and worse I can not find any info on diagnosing this system for that 222 fault. I looked through three chilton manuals (Ford EFI, DIS and the Ranger books) and found nothing on it at all. WTH? any more help guys? I am feeling bad cuz I really am a tech and am just helping out my dad on this so he can get it smogged.

Thanks

Wicked_Sludge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3-point-GO
Transmission
Manual
you might have to stop by the dealer and ask them (maybe if your really nice they'll let you make copies from the ford service manual).

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals