• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Turning Lights (Not turn signals)

woodyedmiston

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My Mercury Marquis has turning lights - that is when you turn on your turn signal, a white light shines toward the direction you are turning at a right angle to the car. I really like having those lights in areas where there is no street lights. You can see where you are going to go before you go . . .

I'd like to put something like it on my Ranger SC. Has anyone done this to a Ranger?

Before I tackle it myself I thought I would ask. I'd like to mount the lights before I paint the truck.

Last edited:

Wicked_Sludge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3-point-GO
Transmission
Manual
those are handy, and it would be a nice addition to a ranger.

but looking at a '99 wiring schematic, i dont see how it would be easily achieved. the current flow goes:

flasher--->multi function switch--->bulbs.

so when a turn signal is engaged, the whole turn signal circuit is flashing. there is no steady "signal on" power supply.

that doesnt mean its impossible, it just means you would have to be creative. maybe a relay with a capacitor on each turn signal circuit. the capacitor could function to hold the relay closed for the second that the signal flashes off....:dunno:

woodyedmiston

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Current Flow

Thanks Sludge:

As far as I am concerned this is the true value of TRS - I could have looked at a schematic and wasted a lot of time trying to figure that out . . . maybe I would have acccomplished it. Because of the site, you told me exactly what I needed to know. And I might add, exactly what I was afraid of . . .

Capacitors . . . hmmmm.

grey ghost

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
if you had some time i'd take a look at your Mercury Marquis and maybe trace some wires. see how ford wired them in and maybe you can "rob" some relay or controler the factory used, if you can see how they did it in the car?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals