• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Track Width

adam2kgt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I have a 2wd Ranger that I am wanting to widen the front track width on. I am running a set of 04 Explorer 17" wheels on it, and the back spacing isn't right. I need to widen the track about 1 1/2 to 2 inches on each side. I know, just get different wheels with the right spacing. I love the wheels, so if I can make them work, it would be great. I am going to be getting a new rear end, which is about 4 to 5 inches wider than my 7.5, so the rear will be just about right. Would a 2" spacer in the front be a bad idea? I thought about a set of the tubular beams with an extension welded in outside of the radius arm mounts? Any ideas?

aeraceranthony

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
I have a 2wd Ranger that I am wanting to widen the front track width on. I am running a set of 04 Explorer 17" wheels on it, and the back spacing isn't right. I need to widen the track about 1 1/2 to 2 inches on each side. I know, just get different wheels with the right spacing. I love the wheels, so if I can make them work, it would be great. I am going to be getting a new rear end, which is about 4 to 5 inches wider than my 7.5, so the rear will be just about right. Would a 2" spacer in the front be a bad idea? I thought about a set of the tubular beams with an extension welded in outside of the radius arm mounts? Any ideas?
2 inch spacers might put a lot of stress on the spindles.

adam2kgt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Well, I thought about that. Since the wheel has more backspacing than stock, by going with a spacer wouldn't it kinda even out? I know it would be more strain, but how much more honestly? I'm not talking about spacing them out past where stock wheels would be, at least not much.

wahlstrom1

J-man HD Mech
OTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
As long as the wheel center remains close to stock, it's not that bad. Racin' Ranger (aka. Trevor) on RPS makes some pretty bitch'n wheel adapters and spacers if your not in too much of a hurry, as he's fairly swamped with work.

-andrew

fordracing1122

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
I have a set of really nice 2" billet spacers i took off my truck because i put 5.5 over beams on it... im trying to sell them for 100 bucks if you want them... my buddies have them on their trucks and they jump them and 4 wheel all the time they are super strong!

adam2kgt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Is it a set of 2 or 4 spacers? I measured and only need 1 to 1 1/2 inch of spacer in the front, but the rear could use a 2 inch.

fx2prerunner

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
94/97
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
5.0L
Transmission
Automatic
i have been running a set of 2" spacers off road on the front of my ranger for over a year and havent worn anything out plus the added turning radius is a bonus

fordracing1122

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
its a set of 2....

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals