• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

lift kits for 2008 2wd ranger

DangerRanger08

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4 CYL
Transmission
Manual
lift kits for 2008 2wd ranger?

ive recently bought a 2008 2wd 4 banger manual ranger and was wondering what lift kits will work. i would like to put 31"-32" tires on it with 15" rims. It will be mostly for looks since it is my dd but may like to take it out for some fun every once in a while.so any suggestions on what kits are the best (or if anybody makes any) and if i my 4cyl would be able to turn 31s or 32s

Thanks,
Kevin

Last edited:

RangerRocker

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I love suspensionmax they have great stuff at super low prices. Check them out!

fordboi415

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
3.0V6
Transmission
Manual
Yup I have 2" coils from suspensiomax and they are awesome and inexspensive, and your going to have to regear for anything larger than 30"

Last edited:

DangerRanger08

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4 CYL
Transmission
Manual
yea i went to suspension max and there deals are great! but how much would it cost to re-gear my truck and what should the ratio be?

GatorBlue92

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
yea i went to suspension max and there deals are great! but how much would it cost to re-gear my truck and what should the ratio be?

what is your current/stock gear ratio? not sure on cost...

fordboi415

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
3.0V6
Transmission
Manual
Its going to depend on what size tires you plan on running, for 31s you will need 4.56s, you could run 4.10s but that's going to dog the hell outta your 4banger

DangerRanger08

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4 CYL
Transmission
Manual
when you say, dog the hell out of my 4banger what do you mean, i know it's going to be a bitch on my clutch.

fordboi415

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
3.0V6
Transmission
Manual
When I say dog I mean its gunna be be slow as hell, and yeah its gunna wear your clutch out quickly as well

rustyr182

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
im running 31s and i have a 2.5 also with stock gears and no problems 31s are id say the border point before you need gears. im running a fabtech spindle up front with no huge power loss. if you have an automatic trans than thats a whole different story with the 4cyl but with a 5spd you should be fine.....

rustyr182

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
oh and if your really concerned about the gears you can swap out your rear end with an 8.8 with a limited slip from an explorer and the gears are perty close to what you need in order to run 32s or even 33s on your 4 banger......it would be cheaper than paying 800 dollars just to have your gears changed at a shop. if you want i have the link to the swap on what the guy did it to his ranger 4cyl

fordboi415

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
3.0V6
Transmission
Manual
31s dogged my 3.0 5spd with 3.73s, most people will tell oh its ok your truck will be ok with those big tires without regearing and they are right it will, but your not gunna have the power to drive anywhere but on flat roads, the truth is your truck will run much better if regeared, your motor won't be under a load and you will be running in your engines "target" rpms, just trust me and you can even ask the guys on here that have regeared and they will tell you that your gunna need it and will want it when you feel how slugish your truck bewcomes without the gearing change

rustyr182

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
your right 31s did slow it down big time climbing hills theres no doubt i would definatly recomend the new gears do it the right way. im looking to do the swap for an 8.8 with limited slip with 4.56s theres apperently alot of them out there from wrecked explorers.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals