• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Evap emissions

Lifted2x

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I have a 2002 ranger with a 2. 5 speed, 2wd. The people that i bought it from put a fuel cell in it and left all the evap lines disconected. The charcoal canister thing is gone, dont know what else might not be there. I need it to pass emissions here in oregon, just need to get the cel off so when the plug the computer into it it reads good. anyone know how to get the system to work with out the stock tank?

Wicked_Sludge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3-point-GO
Transmission
Manual
someone correct me if im wrong, but i dont think the fuel cell will ever pass emissions. the stock fuel tank is part of the emissions system.

if you want to set up the cell with the evap equipment, you need to obtain a charcoal canister and purge solenoid...attach one line from the charcoal canister to a vent line on the tank (the tank needs to otherwise be sealed, including the cap). attach the other line from the canister to an engine vacuum source with the purge solenoid in line. locate and plug in the solenoids electrical connection and thats it.

your truck probably also had a tank pressure valve (not sure on the technical name...its the valve the PCM uses to test for fuel system integrity and/or a leaky gas cap).

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

No members online now.

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals