• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Manual to Power Windows

High Desert Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Does the Power window regulator to Gen1 Trucks Straight out replace the manual window regulator?

baddis

U.S. Military - Veteran
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 Sohc 1.5 ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
yes but a swap to power windows is a little more complicated. the headlight section of the wiring harness is different. the door harness plugs in up by the radiator support and the fuse is not in the fuse box for them. it is actually an easy mod to do if you have all the parts you need. i have done this before and it took me about an hour. but i just swapped the whole door instead of installing the regulators as my doors were trashed. and i also had the front fenders off the truck as one was trashed and the other was cut up and rusted out.

High Desert Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I can wire it no problems. I just needed to know if the door were different for some reason.

baddis

U.S. Military - Veteran
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 Sohc 1.5 ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
no difference. but i would still get a harness from a salvage yard to aid in the instalation

dogboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'93
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Hope I don't steal your thread, but I am in the same boat, I can wire just fine.

But my question is, are the doors/ panels any differant? As in, do I have to cut holes in my door panels, or take the ones out of the doner truck, or what? And other than that and the wiring, it is just a matter of putting the window motor in right?

purpony

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
i have read that the wiring harness plugs into the headlight harness before.....

now i see you posted about the fuse. Is that as simple as installing a a fuse in the fuse box? or do i need to run wires into the fuse box?

baddis

U.S. Military - Veteran
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 Sohc 1.5 ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
on a 1st gen the harness is different .the light harness doesn't have the power winow wires in it. just unplug the old and plug in the new one and bolt up your relays. then all you need to do is plug in a fuse into the box in the spot marked power windows

purpony

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
baddis-

you kind of lost me....

you posted
"on a 1st gen the harness is different .the light harness doesn't have the power winow wires in it. just unplug the old and plug in the new"

so do i need a new headlight harness from a power window equip'd truck or not? and if not is there another harness I need or is it already in my truck? Unplug what old harness?

I gathered all the parts to do the swith over to power windows and door locks in my 92 ranger except the wiring harness by the headlights. I have the regulators, door harnesses that run to the front, buttons, acuators, etc....

I found where my factory speakers plug in under the hood but no windows or locks....

thanks a bunch if you can clear this up... id like to get around to installing them sometime.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals