• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Bad Words!!!

anupaum

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
This afternoon I had a few minutes to put the repaired throttle body back into place. Just as I was fitting the intercooler outlet tube elbow I'd removed to get the throttle body in and out, I BROKE THE STUPID LOWER INTERCOOLER OUTLET again!!!

:bawling:

Now what???

Ugh! Bad words . . . Bad words . . . Bad words!!!

Sevensecondsuv

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Many
Make / Model
All Fords!
Engine Size
Many
Transmission
Manual
Sounds like you need a better / stronger intercooler. I got mine for about $100 to my door from evilbay. It's a polished aluminum bar and plate 12" x 24" core with 2.5" inlets and outlets. Sold by a store called CX racing. It has been nothing short of perfect for me.

Wicked_Sludge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3-point-GO
Transmission
Manual
the intercooler is aluminum yes? easily welded :icon_thumby:

TireIron

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
It sounds like your IC is just metal fatigued from age. what was that from anyway? it was a saab right? was it a 900 or 9000?

edit: just saw that you used a supra IC, you might want to look into something else like this saab 900 one. they use this in a lot of small space applications. As long as the piping will work decently for it then you can find them cheap.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_Car-Truck-Parts-Accessories__Saab-900-Blackstone-Intercooler_W0QQitemZ200279388161QQadiZ2865QQadnZCarQ20Q26Q20TruckQ20PartsQ20Q26Q20AccessoriesQQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item200279388161&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=72:543|65:12|39:1|240:1318

Lookin at your pictures you may be able to move it over to the passengerside and make the tubes line up pretty close without too much trouble.

Of course if you're lookin to spend mroe money they make things like this too. But the saab unit is a good IC, and depending what you can find they even made some of them with aluminum end tanks. The bar and plate style IC is definitely more efficient and better flowing than that supra one too.

Heres a factory one from an audi that might work too and might go for dirt cheap.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_Car-Truck-Parts-Accessories__2000-Audi-B5-S4-2-7T-Passenger-side-OEM-Intercooler_W0QQitemZ140284732648QQadiZ2865QQadnZCarQ20Q26Q20TruckQ20PartsQ20Q26Q20AccessoriesQQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item140284732648&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=72:543|65:12|39:1|240:1318

Last edited:

anupaum

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Sounds like you need a better / stronger intercooler. I got mine for about $100 to my door from evilbay. It's a polished aluminum bar and plate 12" x 24" core with 2.5" inlets and outlets. Sold by a store called CX racing. It has been nothing short of perfect for me.
That's a good idea. I'd like to get something with a warranty for a change. The person who sold me the last one said it had been welded to accomodate larger tubing, but the "weld" turned out to be JB Weld.

Everything else on this project has suggested that whatever needs to be done should be done right. Trying to get by on the cheap has ALWAYS resulted in having to spend even more money . . .

So I'll find a new one on e-bay. Thank you!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals