• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

clutch work

Rammunition360

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
wondering if there was a clutch/slave/master cylinder install thread archived anywhere i dont want to miss anything 88 BII 2x4 2.9

Wicked_Sludge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3-point-GO
Transmission
Manual
not that im aware of. id suggest getting hold of a chiltons manual. they are cheap (about $15) and contain a ton of info for newer wrenchers :icon_thumby:

Rammunition360

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
cool ive only done 1 clutch and it was on an 03 s-10, so i think i may be alright on this clutch if i take my time, but i think ill pick up one of those before i start

bernerboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Ford
Engine Size
Both are 2.9
Transmission
Manual
Make sure you follow the manuals instruction. I just screwed up by trying to cheat and leave the crossmember on the transfer case. I have to put a Slave cylinder in my 88 Bronco II. Now I have to use bottle jacks to support everything so I can take off the crossmember. I was hoping to do the tranny and transfer case as one but now I think I will separate. This is my first attempt at doing one of these.

MAKG

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Umm, leaving the crossmember on the transfer case would be an impressive feat, as they don't bolt to each other...

If you are going to contemplate leaving the transmission and transfer case together, ask yourself the following:

Can I bench press 150 lbs under the truck?

If the answer is no, you're going to hurt yourself and fail to get the transmission in (assuming you get that far).

Wicked_Sludge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3-point-GO
Transmission
Manual
i pulled the transmission and transfer case together..once.

learn from my mistake, pull the transfer case off the transmission (unless your working under a vehicle hoist with a hydraulic transmission jack).

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals