• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

New ride/ builder

Crashtest84

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
To give a lil background on this I got this lil beater in a trade for a bike or should I say he gave it to me so... I thought what better something to play with then a free truck so here are some pics of it and things I have done I don't have any pics from when I got it but it has come along way

here it goes the new Dana35 out of the old exploder we had thing was like new and yes it has a drop arm just not installed yet

some pics of the rear lift chevy springs and custom made hangers gave me about 6 inchs lift, I had to find brake line for the rear also.... these are brake best #'s BH49927 and BH38625 one is a f-150 4x4 line and the other im not sure

the front spring hanger moved forward 6 inchs

I also flipped the rear hangers and made a mount " no pics of the finished hanger yet "

and here are some of the lift brackets that I think are prob rough country and the new longer front lines

and last why not some wheelin pics after all this work

things to come soon 1350/1354 doubler custom radius arms "longer" and a rear 2 link for now to stop the spring wrap with the longer chevy leafs its kinda bad and some 33x12.50 somethings not sure what I wanna run just yet

things to come later 5.0 from 2000 explorer 8.8 disk 31 spline from same dana 44hp from 78 f-150 " have and must say it was a cherry find " and then some 35's

some bumper build pics they kinda suck but gives ya an idea whats going to come from the mass

simple for the rear

plans for the grille

and parts for the doubler

if there is a way to add my pics so they don't take up so much space someone let me know

Last edited:

ZMan

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
MTOTM Winner
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Rangers
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
4/4, bagged
looks good. Procomp makes extended stainless braided lines for Rangers, you can get them from summit.

Crashtest84

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
looks good. Procomp makes extended stainless braided lines for Rangers, you can get them from summit.
thanks man are you talking for the front or rear? I have a guy here local that makes lines and even has cool color shielding for them I just didn't want to spend the $$ for them just yet. Cause im thinking about a 3 link in the rear with either air shocks or coil overs front and rear with the SAS and that would prob mean diff lines lol I don't think this truck with ever be done there are to many cool things todo with them

If any of you guys wanna let me in on some of your do's and don'ts as I am kinda learning as I go here. But I think I did come up with a cool way to mod a superrunner kit to make it even better for the flex crawler crowd hard to explain but I will be sure and post up some pics and let ya know how it works

ZMan

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
MTOTM Winner
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Rangers
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
4/4, bagged
thanks man are you talking for the front or rear?
both of course.

As for tricks? Is that whole front lift a rough country? If so watch the drop bracket for the passenger beam, its been known to punch a hole in the top of the pumpkin. Exended radius arms will also give you a lot of flex over the drop brackets.

samsonitesamsonite

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Jeep
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Hey if you had an explorer sitting around why not swap in the 8.8 also? BTW that D35 looks brand new.

Crashtest84

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Hey if you had an explorer sitting around why not swap in the 8.8 also? BTW that D35 looks brand new.
well cause the free explorer I have is a 93 and I sold the axle from it befor I got the ranger but I found the 2000 model explorer with the better stuff the other day so... I got a FI 5.0 with everything and the good 8.8 with disk brakes

samsonitesamsonite

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Jeep
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
sweet. wish i could find stuff like that.

Crashtest84

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
sweet. wish i could find stuff like that.
ya most the time I don't get that lucky but to update some I just found me two NP 205's I went to the salvage yesterday and spent an hour just lookin around and I see a old 70's something ford off in the corner so I had to go check it out and what do you know a 205 right next to the truck and one still bolted underneath so I amd going to go back and see what they want for both of them

Crashtest84

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Well let the bumper building begin.. So I already kinda started pics will be up soon but I started front and back bumpers but if anyone can tell me about what size is a ramsey or warn 8000# winch or about how much room do I need to leave I want to prob kinda mount is between the frame rails to keep it tucked away and clean

THE WHITE RHINO

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
why did you flip the rear hanger?? thats good for prerunners allows for more up travel, but for offroad you want down travel

Crashtest84

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
why did you flip the rear hanger?? thats good for prerunners allows for more up travel, but for offroad you want down travel
just trying things out I guess, plus I needed about an inch or so to level the truck. I have some new hangers I made that look a lil better then the stock ones with a hole cut out of them. Plus I found out that with the shackles I made they hit the back of the hangers Also I am kinda new to the whole off-road chassis set up its way diff from street/road course stuff im used to

Crashtest84

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
added some pics up top in the first post of the bumper so far and some other things

Crashtest84

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
a few more pics after both ends have been welded and have one of the fillers made you are looking at the bottom side of the bumper to I should have it welded up today and maybe put on the truck and a pic of my makeshift bender

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals