• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Received recall 4707H B Series cruise control

hey-you

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
4.oL
Transmission
Automatic
I did a quick search and didn't find this anywhere... if it is sorry.

Received a letter from Mazda the other day about Recall 4707H; B-Series cruise control deactivation switch safety recall, which applies to 1998-2002 B series.

From reading the letter, guess I missed the first letter where they recommended that I have the cruise control deactivation switch disconnected as an interim repair. Seems that there is the potential for a leak from a deteriorating switch which can cause overheating, smoking, or burn ( I quote their letter).

Letter says that a Mazda dealer will install a fused wiring harness into the cruise control system or replace the cruise control deactivation switch free of charge.

I'm booking mine hopefully next week and will post if I learn anythihng new.

Wicked_Sludge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3-point-GO
Transmission
Manual
sounds like the ford 05S28 cruise recall. i wasnt awair that mazda used different recall numbers for the same recall.

the switch is located on the end of the brake master cylinder. it closes and sends a signal to the cruise module when the brake pedal is depressed. the problem is it tends to leak and allow brake fluid into the electrical connection. since that harness has power even when the truck is off, it can melt and catch fire at any time.

this effected millions of ford vehicles...spanning most of the 90's and early '00's on most vehicle lines including the rangers/explorers, f-150-350's, taurus, crown vic, mark 8, broncos (off the top of my head).

hey-you

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
4.oL
Transmission
Automatic
Having received the letter, I've been running a internet search for any other recalls I may have missed (seeing as I'm amazed that the address mazda is using worked, its 4 moves ago). I figured I'd have a look at the technical service bulletins as well; this being said does anybody know where you can see the entire bulletin? not just a summary... I've seen a couple that look like they might apply, but really don't want to ask the dealership about it and hope for the best.

Anybody know where to find the TSBs? Mazda post them somewhere?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals