• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

M5OD rebuild questions

OldRedB2_84

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I am rebuilding my m5od next week or whenever the rest of my parts get here and I need to find the torque specifications for all the bolts, does any one know where I can find them? What is the break in procedure after rebuilding a m5od? And what should i use for assembly lube?

-Nick-

azhrei

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
cost

hi was wondering what the parts cost?

OldRedB2_84

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Just go to ebay.com/motors and type in m5r1 in the search box.

JunkYardDog

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
7.3 powerstroke diesel
Transmission
Automatic
i rebuild semi trans for a living at weller. the front bearing cap for the input just hit it with a 3/8 impact. just remember that you are tightening them up into aluminum, too much will strip them out. a quick burp of the trigger will be plenty. if i were to estimate the pound feet it would pry be like 25ft/lbs-30ft/lbs. loctite is a must on those bolts. for the top cover just do the same thing a quick burp of the trigger on each one is enough. just make sure you have correct fluid in the trans(automatic trans fluid-NOT GEAR LUBE). be gentle for a few miles to make sure it feels right and doesnt make any unusuall sounds. then you can drive it like normal.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals