• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

5.0L conversion questions.

ddeford78

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1986, 1987, 200
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Ok guys here is my dilemma.

I have started the conversion from Carburetion to fuel injection. I have most everything I need, however...When I disassembled the upper and lower intake, I lost track of where everything went. I have found a few pictures on the net, but would love to see if anyone else has photos of how the vacuum, wiring and emissions stuff is routed. Any information links or photos would be great.

The Engine is a 302 bored .040” I have changed the cam to make it fire on the H.O. firing order as well as converted to roller lifters. The intake is off of a 91 Mustang GT.

Thanks for any help I can get.

I forgot to mention that The 302 has been in and running for 12 years, so I am just looking for info on the F.I. conversion. This is in my '86.

Last edited:

F150hybred

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic

gfbgreaser289

U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
turd
Make / Model
FORD
Transmission
Manual
oh just a lil fyi. you didnt have to change the cam to run with the 351w firing order it will still run with the normal 302 firing order.

ddeford78

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1986, 1987, 200
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
But with the Sequential fire injection system of the 91 HO computer that I will be using, if I used the incorrect firing order, it would cause an uneven fuel air ratio that would compound itself. I could have rewired the injectors, but I chose the cam change as an easier alternative.

ddeford78

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1986, 1987, 200
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Still looking for photos of the hose routing on the vacuum system. I think I have everything right, just looking for more input. Also hoping to see how others have ran the intake tube and the airbox since the mustang battery is on the opposite side from the ranger.

Thanks again.

Dwight

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals