• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Front end squeek

jwh f-100

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
too small 3.0
Transmission
Manual
Tommorow I'm putting my ranger on the lift to install four new tires, a full service and to find that SQUEEK:bawling:

I got new front shocks but I think it is coming from the upper A arm on the passengers side. Anyone else seen this??? Other suggestions???

It's a '98 2 wheel peel.

98greenrangerguy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Automatic
The new upper control arms I put in while doing ball joints squeeks and groans like crazy. Probably has something to do with the cheap bushings they used in the new arms. I going to rip everything back apart pretty soon and install some polyurethane bushings from Energy Suspension.

Let us know what you find out tomorrow.

jwh f-100

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
too small 3.0
Transmission
Manual
The new upper control arms I put in while doing ball joints squeeks and groans like crazy. Probably has something to do with the cheap bushings they used in the new arms. I going to rip everything back apart pretty soon and install some polyurethane bushings from Energy Suspension.

Let us know what you find out tomorrow.
Well I didn't do much to try and remove the squeek. Both boots on my lower ball joints are ripped. :bawling: It will not be long and they will both need to be replaced. I think I will look into those polyurethane bushings and do it all at once. Thanks for the tip on the poly bushings.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals