• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

7.5 Traction loc ???

Ranger23695

Reaction score
OK Today I dropped the rear cover on the old ranger and to my surprise I found it had a 3.73 traction loc. The fluid was clean and the gears lock good but the clutches seem weak so I called the ford dealer to see about a rebuild kit and was quoted $114!! Does this sound right?? You can get the carbon fiber kit for the 8.8 for $109 and the regular for $45. Where is a good place to look for the clutch kit for this rear end?

Also where is a good place to find a cover for the 7.5?

rotty_rott

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
i had the same problem you're having. found all kinds of kits for the 8.8 at a reasonable price but couldn't find anything for the 7.5 except the $100 kit from the dealer. what kind of cover are you lookin for? a junk yard would be a good place to start for a stock cover.

Natedog

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
That's a normal price. When you rebuild it increase the clutch preload to the max, make sure you use some additive so the clutches don't chatter and eat themselves. Shoulda looked here a couple weeks ago in for sale, I'd have sold you the cover off one of my axles that is now gone.

mitch4x4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I must have a traction lock to cuz my back wheels lock up everytime one spins. were my buddys ranger only one spins on the back.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals