• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

x-driveshaft

fastford04

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
well ive finally got off my arse an up and done something new to the b2 after along hia-das! My stocker GKN style was about gone so it pulled it down today an bolted up the yoke from a 1354tcase

the measurement at ride stance is 29 1/2 from yoke to flange..

the measure ment fully compressed is 32 inches

i forgot to get a fully extended measurement my bad im sorry! i kno i kno better..lol

Im goin to drop it off tomorrow before i go to work at the driveline shop just curious if theres anything in particular i need to tell them besides the measurement on the ride stance of the b2?

Im not real for sure how to figure up how much play the slip joint needs to have in and out so it wont bottom out...

Any help would be greatly apprechiated...I guess the driveline shop will know everything that needs to be done with the measurements tho i guess i may just be pee'in in the wind!! lol

I kno theres probably oodles of write up on this but i cant find ne or im just overlookin them...

Thanks for Any light on this subject!

Tiny

Last edited:

Totalled

Law Enforcement
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
8 rabid gophers
Transmission
Automatic
They just need the yoke to yoke (flange) measurement. They can figure it out from there.

fastford04

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Thats kinda what i figured but i was bored an thought i may try to enlighten the world maybe..lol thanks for the fast reply dude!

NXD 5150

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2005-1987
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
2.3 - 5.0
Transmission
Manual
The places I delt with ask you take the measurement with the truck sitting on the ground. They figure the rest out for you. Id only measure the max and min if I was running some sick 4 link setup..

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals