• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

BORED.. went and played in 2wd

compleckz

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
so i've got 4.56's in the front and stock 3.27s in the rear.. i just got my 4.56s put in an explorer axle, which is waiting to go in, after a little :icon_welder:

my girlfriend was off at a wedding, so i decided to go play with myself in 2wd.
:nopityA:

oh yeah, crazy flex machine. :thefinger:

back home, did some hardcore 2wd muddin' coming off the powerlines.. :icon_hornsup:

oh and one with the $300 rallycar/dailydriver/trailscout

nothing real impressive, and no action shots since i was alone, but these are a few of the pics i liked. also the pics were taken with my cell phone, so they are only 2MP..

more at:
http://ranger.spedmonkey.com/07.09.22_colrain/

AngloSaxon

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Woot Woot for 2wd
Nice truck man

King Crush

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Nice man. How much of ift do you got. I got a 6'' SJ calss II and thy look the same. Also what size tires. We both have BFG A/T's? Also I saw you have a shackle on the front of your bumber. How did you put that on? I need one for towing or when I get stuck cuz the stock bumber I don't wanna be pullin' from it.

compleckz

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Nice man. How much of ift do you got. I got a 6'' SJ calss II and thy look the same. Also what size tires. We both have BFG A/T's? Also I saw you have a shackle on the front of your bumber. How did you put that on? I need one for towing or when I get stuck cuz the stock bumber I don't wanna be pullin' from it.
i've got the same kit as you with a few exceptions: i have sj 8" lift coils in the front, and sj 6" lift leaves in the rear, with the stock block, and belltech shackles.. so a total of 8" in the rear and about 6-7" in the front..

the tires are 33x12.5 bfg ats.. i got them wicked cheap ($450 brand new, on rims), when my old m/ts ran out.. i plan to get some 33-35 swampers of some sort for offroad, and then run the a/ts daily/winter.. or get some 33-35 m/t's again and run them daily, then run the a/ts in the winter.. either way, it just hasnt been a big priority while the truck has been 2wd...

compleckz

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
oh i forgot to tell u about the shackle on the front, its a just a bolt-on 'hidden hitch' with a receiver d-ring shackle..

heres a pic before i cut the bumper valance to fit over the hitch:

i got both front/rear hitches for recovery, since i dont have fab/welding skills, so i cant make a bumper for myself.. i knew it would be awhile before i did anything with my bumpers. i've used both front and rear hitches for pulling/being pulled many times.

King Crush

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
i've got the same kit as you with a few exceptions: i have sj 8" lift coils in the front, and sj 6" lift leaves in the rear, with the stock block, and belltech shackles.. so a total of 8" in the rear and about 6-7" in the front..

the tires are 33x12.5 bfg ats.. i got them wicked cheap ($450 brand new, on rims), when my old m/ts ran out.. i plan to get some 33-35 swampers of some sort for offroad, and then run the a/ts daily/winter.. or get some 33-35 m/t's again and run them daily, then run the a/ts in the winter.. either way, it just hasnt been a big priority while the truck has been 2wd...
Ya, I was doing a lot of thinking last night about how to lift it 8''. I knew to lift it 8'' put the factory block under the leafs. Cuz when I was installing the rear leafs the directions didn't say to leave or keep the factory block, so I went with my gut feeling, and put the factory block under it, After I got it all done and the U-bolts tight and tires down, then when I lowered the jack I knew it wasn't right cuz the rear sat up way higher than the front. Also for the front I was thinking I could put like 1.5'' or 2'' washer under the the coil or get 8'' coils. I just don't know if I should put more of a sus lift on it cuz the angles of the drive shafts. :confused:
The front allreadt clunks with the 6''.

To make something stout, so I can pull off I was looking at my bumper all I'm gonna do is use the bumper brakets and drill hole in a piece of angle iron, and weld a squar tube off it, then bolt it on the bumper brakets. That can fit on a shakle, and have that sticking out in that hole in the bumber right in the middle. I have a ball in the rear on my bumper I think that is good enough to be tow or get pulled out with. I don't need a hitch I don't do any heavy duty pulling like big trailers. I rarely pull.

compleckz

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
i wouldnt recommend pulling or getting pulled out by a ball on your bumper.. its generally accepted as a BAD idea..

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals